Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Travel ??? to World Trade Center

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:50 AM
jmg343
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Travel ??? to World Trade Center

Im a fireman in the city.&nbsp\\;I drive my bike into the firehouse everyday.&nbsp\\;I drive my bike in the city, my truck in the city, and when the weather is bad or I am parking in a bad neighborhood,&nbsp\\;I drive my ghetto cruiser in the city.&nbsp\\;It aint bad, you just gotta be more aggressive than defensive.&nbsp\\; Never seemed to be a problem for me.&nbsp\\; Obviously 9/11 is and was a big day in my life.&nbsp\\; I dont need to say much more about that.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Vikingnomad
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jmg343
I have all the respect in the world for&nbsp\\;you guys of the FDNY, 9/11 was a rough day for all of us but especially for the FDNY.
Live Long, Ride Safe and Have Fun..
Bone
Never Forget the 343

Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 AM
SLP24
Tourer

Well you should be in NYC today. Its a great week for it too. Not sure if you have internet access right now, if you do and want to catch up in Manhattan, shoot me an e-mail. I'll be heading to a cruise night in Danbury tomorrow, but could shoot down today, Friday or Sat morning.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:17 AM
392heminut
Road Captain

Digger, I didn’t have access to a computer or I sure would have gotten ahold of you!
&nbsp\\;
Big thanks to all of you who gave me advice, the trip went smooth! I went to NYC on Friday and checked out Ground Zero and the Police Museum. Went back Saturday with my son and grandson and took them to Ground Zero, the 9-11 Tribute and the 10-10 Firehouse. We also saw the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and went to Chinatown, Little Italy (great pizza!), and Times Square. We also walked around the financial district too. The boys really enjoyed it, and thought the subway was pretty cool!
&nbsp\\;
I loved NYC and hope to return with the wife sometime soon so we can spend more than a day or two there. In spite of what I’ve heard in the past, I found New Yorkers to be very friendly, especially the cops. I’m definitely looking forward to another visit.
&nbsp\\;
I tried to post this right after I got back, but this site is so screwed up it timed out every time I tried to post (3 times). I had to type this in Microsoft Word and cut and paste it to get it to post, I’m not the fastest typist around!
&nbsp\\;
Again, thanks to all of you for your help, it really made the trip go smoother!

Old 07-20-2008, 06:30 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Galad you enjoyed.&nbsp\\; Can't post anything on this forume...