Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Southerntier NY?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 09:38 AM
bikerhiker2002
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Southerntier NY?

hey shovel, we can meet at kmart around 9 or 10 weather permitting. my number is 733 2653 or bikerhiker2002@yahoo.com. you can contact me that way much faster than through here

Old 06-30-2006, 04:04 PM
bikerhiker2002
4th Gear

Pride Ride Sat. 7/1/06, who's going to ride in it? I'll be there brite and early at the warplane museum.
Hope more people from this forum show up.
See you there.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:08 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm pretty sure I'll be there.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:10 PM
otterbob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Almond NY here. Anyone go to the Rendezvous?

Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
razorr69
Advanced

Over here in Buffalo!!!!!

Old 10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
TexasTunk
6th Gear

Well I am sure glad to see a Southern Tier representation out here. I grew up in a little town that went in the rust belt crapper (Bolivar, NY). Left in 1980 and am 35 miles north of Dallas now. Still have some aquaintences and family there. Economy sucks but great place to ride in the summer. Plan on hoppin on my EGlide one day and takin a trip up that way just because their is so much nice country on the way, Oh yeah and because I dearly love to ride that damned thing. I wil have to keep an eye on you folks so I can give ya a yell when I am heading that way and maybe we can take a ride, drink coffee and **** or just take a **** and go for a ride. Personally I prefer the 2nd option. Riding the darned thing is so much more relaxing than talking about the theory of scooter riding. I am much to shallow for such conversations. However no matter what everyone else does at the end of a good ride I am gonna grab me a cold one or maybe a few. Anyway, wanted to give all of you a shout and as I said keep the faith, In the middle of February when everything sucks....Just Keep On Rollin...Don't Slow Down...Cuz Ya may be Ridin...Before the Devil even knows, that ya rebuilt the scooter during cabin fever season and now that she is stroked and looking good. You must wander!! Be safe and let the front end determine your destination, I don't believe in plotted courses but that darned front end has never let me down. Where ever it ends up, it never fails, I find that I am in the same damned place. That darned front end is pretty sharp...It has taken me to some places that provide me with great memories and has introduced me to many goooooood, people.!!

Role on and as my scooters front end explained to me (I confirmed it in my atlas) Route 17 across the STier has been renamed to 86, But then again that is not important because anyone that would spend much time riding that for any reason other than to get to work....Really should take a check point on how enjoyable a good run can be vs. how sore an *** can get.

Later
Gilesie

Old 11-03-2006, 09:19 PM
83flhbelt
Stage IV

hi guy , i'm in lockport ny...i normally ride around most of western ny, as south as belmont , east as far as corning ,,,west to the lake and north to the other lake.......i didnt realise there were many "locals" on here .......cool ....maybe next spring we should meet some place ......

Old 11-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Shovelhead77
Cruiser

Well looks like a few of us are pretty close,, we should deffently hook up and get a ride going this spring, if any of you still have you scoots out maybe sooner... I need to replace my rear tire (tube) and I will be riding till I cant ride no more,, do to the weather, If the road is dry and no snow I will ride,...
Daryl

Old 11-14-2006, 12:56 AM
sully
Advanced

I live 1/2 hour north of Syracuse, but spent a week in August at Watkins Glen St Pk camping. Rode down to Rt 6 in PA, and around all the Finger Lakes west of WG. My uncle lived in Horseheads (I'm still trying to find the house he built), but the Newtown Reservation is a great place to camp in a tent. The old Warbirds at the old airport are a good enough reason to visit the Elmira area (traffic in Painted Post sucked in August, tho).

Old 11-14-2006, 01:35 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am 70 miles north east of Binghamton and south of Utica

Quick Reply: Southerntier NY?