Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Hollis NH Swap meet / flee market

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008 | 12:26 PM
palerider
|
Cruiser
Default Hollis NH Swap meet / flee market

I passed a sign on the way into work this morning saying there is a motorcycle only show tomorrow May 10, at the Hollis Flee Market. Just thought I would pass the info along for anyone interested.

Old 05-11-2008 | 05:56 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Default RE: Hollis NH Swap meet / flee market

Any one go? How was it? Many people show up? Would've gone but other issues/plans got in the way.

Old 05-11-2008 | 05:20 PM
robandlyn
Road Master

YUP ....
Was there at 11am
$3 to Park and get this ...
We rode by there today (they have flea markets EVERY Sunday there) and the Parking was only $2
For a 1st time Event it wasn't bad but they need ALOT of more vendors.
What SHOCKED me most was .....
There was no Hells Angels booths their selling stuff !
Couple of Dealers selling Leathers, a few selling Pins and a few selling the fancy
bolts to hold Licence Plates on. There were also a few used & new part Vendors.
I would say it was about 1/10th the size of a Keene Swapmeet.
Rob ....

Old 05-12-2008 | 07:31 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Thanks - was thinking of setting up and vending, but w/o much publicity I wasn't sure it'd be worth it - plus, like I said, had some other things to deal with -- may go next Sunday to the Plaistow Stateline Swap at the Am Vets -- gotta move some stuff after getting "rained" out in Keene - couldn't take the chance the stuff getting wet and figured few would show.

Old 05-13-2008 | 07:47 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member

It was okay but I got there around 10:15 and I'm guessing that not all the vendors were there. What I did see was a lot of garbage for sale (50%) and then some stuff I expected to see at a swap meet which was stuff I didn't need or wasn't for my bike. (the other 50%) I would have liked to have gone later but I was at Nashua harley and it's right down the street so I swung on by. Robandlyn you seem to know the area seeing you say theres a flea there every weekend, I go from my house (lowell) to Dunstable and ride all back roads to parkers maple barn, after I head past that flea and it's a good ride. couple years ago I went past the flea to 101a and went straight across 101a and kept following the road for hours. I don't remember the ride much but I plan on doing it again next warm weekend we get cause it was nice back roads.

Old 05-14-2008 | 10:22 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Yup, there's a regular junky (garage sale type) flea market there every Sunday that's often quite big,

BUT the last Sunday of each month there is an Antique Auto Flea market just up the road towards Amherst that has all kinds of parts, cars, some harley stuff, etc and even a sorta car show and lots of bikes usually. Lots of vendors but it is declining the last year or so. Not just antique cars, but hot rods, muscle cars, etc. Gotta get there early, it's pretty much over by 11 am and vendors are packing up. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning. I have a regular spot along the stone wall on rt122 near the flag pole where I set up and sell model car kits and diecast, and some misc. hot rod stuff. Been doin' it for almost 15 years now.

Old 05-14-2008 | 11:26 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bradley Jones
Robandlyn you seem to know the area seeing you say theres a flea there every weekend, I go from my house (lowell) to Dunstable and ride all back roads to parkers maple barn, after I head past that flea and it's a good ride. couple years ago I went past the flea to 101a and went straight across 101a and kept following the road for hours.
YUP ... I know them like the back of my hand .... LOL ....
Already this year I have 1700 miles on my bike and have been on
all of the main ROUTE #'s West of Rt.3 and South of Rt.89 in NH
The past 2 Sunday's the Wife and I did 170 mile loops out of Pepperell.
If you have ridden on Rt.113 out of Pepperell center up to Rt.119 in
Townsend then YOU HAVE ridden by my house !
I live just before the Rt.113/Rt.119 intersection .....
Rob .....

Old 05-14-2008 | 12:23 PM
palerider
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Chipstah

Yup, there's a regular junky (garage sale type) flea market there every Sunday that's often quite big,

BUT the last Sunday of each month there is an Antique Auto Flea market just up the road towards Amherst that has all kinds of parts, cars, some harley stuff, etc and even a sorta car show and lots of bikes usually. Lots of vendors but it is declining the last year or so. Not just antique cars, but hot rods, muscle cars, etc. Gotta get there early, it's pretty much over by 11 am and vendors are packing up. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning. I have a regular spot along the stone wall on rt122 near the flag pole where I set up and sell model car kits and diecast, and some misc. hot rod stuff. Been doin' it for almost 15 years now.
That is a grate flee market if you’re into the old cars. I try to make every show, I have the light blue 67 Chevelle that I enter in the car show section each month. I’ll have to keep an eye out for your booth the next time I’m there.

Old 05-14-2008 | 03:47 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: robandlyn

ORIGINAL: Bradley Jones
Robandlyn you seem to know the area seeing you say theres a flea there every weekend, I go from my house (lowell) to Dunstable and ride all back roads to parkers maple barn, after I head past that flea and it's a good ride. couple years ago I went past the flea to 101a and went straight across 101a and kept following the road for hours.
YUP ... I know them like the back of my hand .... LOL ....
Already this year I have 1700 miles on my bike and have been on
all of the main ROUTE #'s West of Rt.3 and South of Rt.89 in NH
The past 2 Sunday's the Wife and I did 170 mile loops out of Pepperell.
If you have ridden on Rt.113 out of Pepperell center up to Rt.119 in
Townsend then YOU HAVE ridden by my house !
I live just before the Rt.113/Rt.119 intersection .....
Rob .....
I'm so so on remembering the details but I'm pretty sure I know where abouts your from. It's funny I'm from lowell but I hate any type of ghetto-ness and I travel a few miles from my house to dunstable and the roads make me feel like I'm up north in the country this weekends looking shitty but I'm going to try to do that route up in the 101a area. two weeks ago I followed 101a to vermont and literally turner around at the rotary right as you get to vermont and went home. that was a nice ride but it was chilly the lakes up that way still had ice on em. as soon as feel some warm weather i'll start racking up the miles, i got 1k so far and i havent even gone up to the white mnts yet where my parents got their place.

Old 05-15-2008 | 06:44 AM
Old Bones
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Chipstah
I have a regular spot along the stone wall on rt122 near the flag pole where I set up and sell model car kits and diecast, and some misc. hot rod stuff. Been doin' it for almost 15 years now.

Chip, what number vendersite are you at? My son and I go to the flea market a couple of times a year, (usually the first one of the year, but something about intensive care this year we didn't get there),it seems like the same junk from 10 years ago is still there for sale but like you said it is fun to spend a Sunday Morning.

Quick Reply: Hollis NH Swap meet / flee market