Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Hollis NH Swap meet / flee market

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008 | 06:48 AM
Old Bones
Road Master
Default RE: Hollis NH Swap meet / flee market

ORIGINAL: palerider
That is a grate flee market if you’re into the old cars. I try to make every show, I have the light blue 67 Chevelle that I enter in the car show section each month. I’ll have to keep an eye out for your booth the next time I’m there.
PR ,
I remember seeing a car like that in years past, I will look for it.

Old 05-15-2008 | 07:52 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bradley Jones
I'm so so on remembering the details but I'm pretty sure I know where abouts your from. It's funny I'm from lowell but I hate any type of ghetto-ness and I travel a few miles from my house to dunstable and the roads make me feel like I'm up north in the country this weekends looking shitty but I'm going to try to do that route up in the 101a area. two weeks ago I followed 101a to vermont and literally turner around at the rotary right as you get to vermont and went home. that was a nice ride but it was chilly the lakes up that way still had ice on em. as soon as feel some warm weather i'll start racking up the miles, i got 1k so far and i havent even gone up to the white mnts yet where my parents got their place.
My GPS is all in my brain. I don't need no electronic gadget. When I go out and
ride I got so many loops from our area I can change the ride on a whim.

Here you want a nice ride towards VT ....
Come through Dunstable (I am guessing you come via Rt.113) follow it thru Pepperell all the way to Rt.119.
Make sure you REV or BEEP your bike 600 feet before reaching Rt.119 (LOL .... So I will hear you go by).
At Rt.119 take a RIGHT and go West. Follow Rt.119 all the way to Winchester,NH (Rt.10).
At Rt.10 take a RIGHT on Rt.10 North to Keene,NH. You will come to Rt. 101 there and just take a RIGHT
on Rt.101 EAST all the way back to Milford,NH. Just before you get to Milford,NH look for Rt.31 SOUTH.
Manadnock Water company is right there (actually it is the Town of Wilton,NH). Follow Rt.31 SOUTH
all the way to Rt.119 EAST (it will be a LEFT). Then head back home. Oh ya .... On your way home
when you make the turn onto Rt.113 EAST (It is a LEFT) from Rt.119 NAIL IT & BEEP ! ! ! ! LMAO .....
I live right there and my neighbor across the street rides also ......
Rob .....

Rob .....

Old 05-15-2008 | 07:59 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

Chipstah
I did plan on making up to Kimball's car night in Jaffery last night but
I think I have a bit of a cold/flu virus from the a-holes at work.
I just felt crappy & didn't feel like riding but I'll catch you soon up there.
I think I have already seen you before driving your car around last Summer.
It is just such a GREAT loop (50 miles) up to Jaffery and back for us.
Rob .....

Old 05-17-2008 | 08:20 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: robandlyn

Chipstah
I did plan on making up to Kimball's car night in Jaffery last night but
I think I have a bit of a cold/flu virus from the a-holes at work.
I just felt crappy & didn't feel like riding but I'll catch you soon up there.
I think I have already seen you before driving your car around last Summer.
It is just such a GREAT loop (50 miles) up to Jaffery and back for us.
Rob .....
No problem Rob -- kind of smallish turnout as clouds came in and cooled off an otherwise great day - developed car problems (gas gushing out my stromberg 97 rear carb) on the roadster just as I was about to leave for the Cruise Night -- good thing I haven't sold the red coupe yet !!! We'll catch you next time as i usually make it as long as weather is at least half way decent. here's pic of my cars so you'll know if I'm there.

Chip

Old 05-17-2008 | 08:30 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Old Bones

ORIGINAL: Chipstah
I have a regular spot along the stone wall on rt122 near the flag pole where I set up and sell model car kits and diecast, and some misc. hot rod stuff. Been doin' it for almost 15 years now.

Chip, what number vender site are you at? My son and I go to the flea market a couple of times a year, (usually the first one of the year, but something about intensive care this year we didn't get there), it seems like the same junk from 10 years ago is still there for sale but like you said it is fun to spend a Sunday Morning.
Old Bones - I'm in Space R63 at the Amherst Antique Auto Show and Swap -- just a few spots down from the entrance by the flag pole along the stone wall to the left -- usually rent a big Enterprise van and am usually the biggest model car vendor there. Also often have some misc old school hot rod parts, hot rod mags, mexican blankets, etc.

Stop by and say hi -- if I'm not there as mid morning I tend to get out and walk around for about 45 minutes, my buddy and his son will be on duty and will take care of ya!

Note: the next the one is coming up Sunday the 25th of Memorial Day weekend as the 31st is a Sat this year - figure a lot of people won't realize the May show is coming early this year.

Old 05-17-2008 | 08:38 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Yup, there's a regular junky (garage sale type) flea market there every Sunday that's often quite big,

BUT the last Sunday of each month there is an Antique Auto Flea market just up the road towards Amherst that has all kinds of parts, cars, some harley stuff, etc and even a sorta car show and lots of bikes usually. Lots of vendors but it is declining the last year or so. Not just antique cars, but hot rods, muscle cars, etc. Gotta get there early, it's pretty much over by 11 am and vendors are packing up. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning. I have a regular spot along the stone wall on rt122 near the flag pole where I set up and sell model car kits and diecast, and some misc. hot rod stuff. Been doin' it for almost 15 years now.
That is a grate flee market if you’re into the old cars. I try to make every show, I have the light blue 67 Chevelle that I enter in the car show section each month. I’ll have to keep an eye out for your booth the next time I’m there.
palerider -- think I know your car -- I had a light metallic green '67 chevelle malibu 327 V8 (325 hp!!) 4 speed back in the day -- ordered direct from the factory for $2850 -- loved that car!! Pretty shitty gas mileage though - lucky if I got 11-12 mpg!! See above post to Old Bones for where I'm located at the flea market and note that next one is coming up early in the month.

Chip

Old 05-17-2008 | 09:08 AM
Old Bones
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Old Bones

I have a regular spot along the stone wall on rt122 near the flag pole where I set up and sell model car kits and diecast, and some misc. hot rod stuff. Been doin' it for almost 15 years now.

Chip, what number vendersite are you at? My son and I go to the flea market a couple of times a year, (usually the first one of the year, but something about intensive care this year we didn't get there),it seems like the same junk from 10 years ago is still there for sale but like you said it is fun to spend a Sunday Morning.
Old Bones - I'm in Space R63 at the Amherst Antique Auto Show and Swap -- just a few spots down from the entrance by the flag pole along the stone wall to the left -- usually rent a big Enterprise van and am usually the biggest model car vendor there. Also often have some misc old school hot rod parts, hot rod mags, mexican blankets, etc.

Stop by and say hi -- if I'm not there as mid morning I tend to get out and walk around for about 45 minutes, my buddy and his son will be on duty and will take care of ya!

Note: the next the one is coming up Sunday the 25th of Memorial Day weekend as the 31st is a Sat this year - figure a lot of people won't realize the May show is coming early this year.

I will stop by and say hi if we make it.

Old 05-22-2008 | 07:40 AM
palerider
|
Cruiser

Yup, there's a regular junky (garage sale type) flea market there every Sunday that's often quite big,

BUT the last Sunday of each month there is an Antique Auto Flea market just up the road towards Amherst that has all kinds of parts, cars, some harley stuff, etc and even a sorta car show and lots of bikes usually. Lots of vendors but it is declining the last year or so. Not just antique cars, but hot rods, muscle cars, etc. Gotta get there early, it's pretty much over by 11 am and vendors are packing up. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning. I have a regular spot along the stone wall on rt122 near the flag pole where I set up and sell model car kits and diecast, and some misc. hot rod stuff. Been doin' it for almost 15 years now.
palerider -- think I know your car -- I had a light metallic green '67 chevelle malibu 327 V8 (325 hp!!) 4 speed back in the day -- ordered direct from the factory for $2850 -- loved that car!! Pretty shitty gas mileage though - lucky if I got 11-12 mpg!! See above post to Old Bones for where I'm located at the flea market and note that next one is coming up early in the month.

Chip

I don’t think I will make this month’s flea market. Me and a group of friends are going to do the route 10 trip threw Keen into the White Mountains on Sunday. I do plan on going to next month’s flea and I go to the Kimball’s cruse night every now and then so I’ll keep an eye out for you and your cool looking hotrods. Your Chevelle sounds like the same car only mine is Nantucket blue. I have the 327 / 4 speed but the rear end is geared for the highway so I get around 17 to 18 mpg.

Old 05-22-2008 | 09:22 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

palerider - Well, when I had my '67 gas was 35 cents/gallon for 93 octane !!!!!!!! Man, did I ever surprise Vettes and SS396s out on rt 2 in Concord MA at the stop lights -- those little nondescript 327 fender flags concealed some mighty fine hp! Has to have been my favorite engine of all time (next to my flatheads and harleys).

We're going for a long ride Monday up into the green mtns to Manchester VT from Keene on all back roads, and then back down thru Bennington and back over. Looks like some nice warmer weather for the weekend! Enjoy your ride Sunday!