Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Cheshire Fairgrounds Motorcycle Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cheshire Fairgrounds Motorcycle Swap Meet

UGH - rain and T-storms predicted as of now for Sunday in Keene - hope that changes, I was hoping to set-up and sell some stuff, but may not go now.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:35 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, ya'll are making me jealous that I'm not home!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Hey Jake -

Don't get too anxious - gonna rain all weekend, at least on and off showers are predicted - doubt you'd be riding much, at least not without a lot of clean-up! Guess you could use some of this wet crap over there, though - LOL!

Maybe you can make the Fall Keene swap in September?

Old 05-03-2008, 12:39 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Chipstah

Hey Jake -

Don't get too anxious - gonna rain all weekend, at least on and off showers are predicted - doubt you'd be riding much, at least not without a lot of clean-up! Guess you could use some of this wet crap over there, though - LOL!

Maybe you can make the Fall Keene swap in September?
Noooo, don't want any rain here! It gets way too muddy and with the oil in the ground, it's very slick. I won't be able to make the one in September either, my next vacation after June is in October.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Well, hopefully at least we'll get some decent weather for riding in October before the long winter sets in.

Weather Update as of Sat morning for Keene Swap Meet - high probability (100% chance) of rain all day with 3/4" to 1" predicted! Can't see anything but a huge muddy field happening tomorrow, but I could be wrong.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Alien Spyder

I'm not too far away from Keane. I'm about 1 & 1/2 hours south in Western, MA.

I went to that swap meet twice. Once in the Spring and once in the Fall.

Both times it was a beautiful sunny day and there were thousands of bikes! Be prepared for a little traffic when getting there. The parking lots are all dirt too so it can get a little dusty.

Manadnock HD is just a couple of miles down the road too although I don't know if their open on Sundays.

All in all it makes for a pretty good time. Enjoy!

Spyder
hey Spyder! where in western Mass? We're in Shelburne and always looking to hook up with others for riding!

Troll

Old 05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Lindy lou
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings all~
Just checking in to see if the weather still stands as rain all day in Keene? There is a bunch of us hoping to ride up but we are 2 hrs away and riding in the rain is something we are hoping not to do! But if it does, we'll pile into a car and go. This is one of our favorite swap meets to attend.

We are planning on leaving at 6:00 thinking that the gates opened sooner than 9:00. Looks like we're going to be early. Does anyone know of a "diner" or someplace to grab some breakfest?

Thanks for any info.

Lindy Lou, small town in N Petersburg, New York
91' Hugger
Being redone after collision with a deer Aug 06. She's up in deer heaven and I'm still standing!!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Still raining as of 8:30 am Sunday and in the lower 40's, looks like major part of storm has passed but overcast and drizzle expected throughout the morning, who knows what the afternoon will bring, but likely not much sunshine or warmer temps according to the forecasts.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Old Bones
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Lindy lou

Greetings all~
Just checking in to see if the weather still stands as rain all day in Keene? There is a bunch of us hoping to ride up but we are 2 hrs away and riding in the rain is something we are hoping not to do! But if it does, we'll pile into a car and go. This is one of our favorite swap meets to attend.

We are planning on leaving at 6:00 thinking that the gates opened sooner than 9:00. Looks like we're going to be early. Does anyone know of a "diner" or someplace to grab some breakfest?

Thanks for any info.

Lindy Lou, small town in N Petersburg, New York
91' Hugger
Being redone after collision with a deer Aug 06. She's up in deer heaven and I'm still standing!!

First, welcome to the forum Lindy Lou. Crashing sucks.
As it stands now, the west part of the state where the swap meetis located is supposedto clear up, some sun by afternoon. Have a good time.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Suspended
Account Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I guess we timed it right.
It rained in the a.m. but stopped mid morning.I think we got there ~10:30 or 11.
It didn't rain while we were there but muddy. We overheard that it was only about 1/4 of the usual showing.

Hollis Motorcycle Flea Market is Saturday. Maybe better weather for that one????

Quick Reply: Cheshire Fairgrounds Motorcycle Swap Meet