Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Syracuse Rumble & Roar

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Rumble and Roar
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Syracuse Rumble & Roar

I will admit it has been around a lot longer...however, they are a swapmeet. We are a show.
The swapmeet is pretty much only parts...and granted, they have a lot of parts.
But we will have a lot more going on besides parts...withmany custom/new Bikes on display, tons of leather, fashion shows all weekend. Accessories, etc.
Free beer and chili on Saturday.
Dart competitions for cash prizes, and a chance to win a new bike.
Not to take anything away from the swapmeet, but I feel our show will have much more going on.
Obviously, I have a biased opinion.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:29 PM
cuse
Advanced

Went to the show tonight, not impressed. Some verynice bikes, but not worth the admission to me. Maybe for some, but not me. This is the first year for the show so I did not know what to expect. Maybe it will be better on Saturday.
I'm not trying to put down the show or anything, but for me I just expected more.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:39 PM
HD4DP
Road Captain

$10 for what you got seemed like too much. They either need more show or less admission. $5 would have been a decent value. Went on Saturday am and some of the vendors weren't even there.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Wcross
Tourer

Agreed. Not bad for a 1st time effort, but $5 would've been more like it.I wouldn't have minded paying the $10 for more of a show. Suggestions: 1.) Put the "Fashion shows" on an elevated stage. Couldn't really see much even 5 people back. Oh, and tell the "Dancin' Bear" (you know who I mean) to keep back off the girls. 2.) Don't know if they were toasted before they got there or while they were there, but a few guys were obviously plastered. Not sure if you want the liability if one of these heroes smashes into someone on their way home. Just sayin' you might want to CYA on that aspect. 3.)Tell the dude with the table full of crap (Spiked clubs, crossbows, etc.) to keep to the flea market or whatever. Nothing personal, but WTH was that doing there? Nice image builder.
I went around a few times, bought some raffle tickets, messed up tossing the darts, saw some people I knew and was still done in a little over an hour and a half. If it expands, cool. If not, $5 might be more in line. Not bad overall.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Lock22
6th Gear

I had a good time. It was a little smaller than what I had thought. Talked to one of the guys working and they had a couple back out last minute which kindof screwed them because the one guy was supposed to bring like 5-10 bikes. I was talking to a bunch of the guys there, like Sportman, and they were all talking how next year they need bigger spots...which means more bikes. Also, I sucked it up at the darts, but why not, it was fun.$10 seemed fair to me, after factoring it would have cost $6 to park if they didn't buy out the garage for us...anyone else get pissed at all the highschool musical people next door blocking up the garage. All in all good show. The free beer was nice. hah.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Wcross
Tourer

Actually, those high school musical people cost me (Well, someone else.) $165 to park. There was a parking spot nearby right on the street right when I pulled up and I thought it was too good to be true. When I came out, my driver's side mirror was smashed off my new pickup truck. The guy that cleaned it off left a note. Parts & labor =$165, not counting my time. Of course the dude doesn't have the money right now, but will "When he gets his tax return".(This ought to be a joy to collect later.) Said he had to swerve to avoid a soccormom who stopped,then changed her mind at the last second. Of course he couldn't have hit either of the $hitboxes parked before or after me. Note to self: If it's too good to be true, don't freakin' park there. 1st new vehicle I've bought for myself (Not counting bikes.) in I don't know how long. Oh well.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cuse

Went to the show tonight, not impressed. Some verynice bikes, but not worth the admission to me. Maybe for some, but not me. This is the first year for the show so I did not know what to expect. Maybe it will be better on Saturday.
I'm not trying to put down the show or anything, but for me I just expected more.
+1 on this show not being worth the $10 admission. ......One small area with a few bikes, all small booth types for th emost part. Totally crappy if you really want my opinion. Very Amateurish and a total waste of time to attend. At least I found a place to park without paying $6 more bucks.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:09 AM
streetboob
Road Warrior

Wow. Sounds like I didn't miss anything. Glad I decided not to go.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
MovedtoSyracuse
Tourer

Not a bad show. I had low expectations, but the turnout seemed quite good. I'd imagine this show will improve over time.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:27 AM
lightning315
Stage I

I am new to Syracuse andheard aboutthis show last minute when I stumbled into this forumso I decided to check it out. I didn't know what to expect and overall I thought the show was ok. There were some pretty nice bikes there, granted there could have been more. I didn't see very many if any parts vendors there and since I wasn't looking for a new bike I would have liked to see some more accessories there too. I talked to a couple of girls working the dart board andthey told me that the show was going to expand, so hopefully thats true and itgets better next year. I didn't know about the free parking but one of the guys working the door told me that I shouldn't have had to pay for parking because they prepaid for the garage. On my way out I told the lady workingthe garage that and she apologized and said she didn't know I was there for the motorcycle show and she gave me my money back. I hope nobody else got screwed like that.

Quick Reply: Syracuse Rumble & Roar