Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Going t New York

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 AM
balley
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going t New York

All you New Yorkers, We have an appointment in Manhatten on Oct 30th, It is by the Hospital on 60th street, my question is, what is a Hotel in the area that is good and safe?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Going t New York

you would be better served to drive out of the city to NJ, Westchester, Tarrytown, etc. and use any of the name brands. any decentHotel in the City will wind up costing you 250-600 a night if you could get a reservation

Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
LIRIDE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dyna07custom

you would be better served to drive out of the city to NJ, Westchester, Tarrytown, etc. and use any of the name brands. any decentHotel in the City will wind up costing you 250-600 a night if you could get a reservation
Good idea. But ifyou only need a night or two at the most any big name hotel in midtown is good. Walk,subway or cab. Walking is your best bet.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM
HoggerCom
Intermediate

You don't mention which direction you're coming from, or your mode of travel.

But, in Queens, you can get a great deal, and it's only about 20 minutes from the 59th Street Bridge (Queensborough Bridge).

For about 175 bucks, last time I checked... the Comfort Inn on Maurice Avenue in Maspeth, Queens has very safe parking.. with a cool view of an old cemetary across the street, and a great view of the city skyline from the upper floors.

It's located about halfway between JFK Airport and Manhattan.

It's a brand new building, just opened last year.. and I live right up the block. A very safe neighborhood. (The police department vehicle and communications garageis alsoacross the street.. and is always active).

I'd have no problem leaving my bike overnight in thelot.

For a great dinner and a fun bar, walk about three blocks up the street to O'Neills Restaurant, right across the street from my house. http://www.oneillsfinefood.com/

Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member

I will be driving up from nc.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:05 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: balley

I will be driving up from nc.
If you will be driving up from NC then you will be taking the New Jersey Turnpike. To get to the Lincoln Tunnel you will get off the Tpk. at Exit 16E.....and that is Secaucus, and its noted for having quite a few big chain hotels there. You could stay at the new LaQuinta, or the biker friendly Red Roof Inn, Extended Stay Suites, Meadowlands Hilton...the new Sheridan Place Amera-Suites.....there areton's of them.
The best thing is, you will be only like 15min. from 60th Street in the city. and if you want, you can leave your car at the hotel, they all have direct bus service right to the PABT. (Port Authority Bus Terminal) or even a taxi from the hotel to the city would be only about $30.
You can do a google on hotels in Secaucus NJ or if you like I will get a more accurate list of the nice ones that are the closest to Rt3 your route to the Lincoln Tunnel. Just PM or email me....I would be more than happy to help out. In fact I am good friends with quite a few taxi drivers who could give you a play on the price.......you could either take a bus back to NJ....its only like a 20min ride, or get a cab from the city back.
I live only like 5 min from the Hotel strip in the Mill Creek area (thats where you would be wanting to stay), and could lend you a hand with whatever you need.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:00 AM
balley
Elite HDF Member

That sounds good all. Some of you guys pm me with your number, When i get to NY i will call if i need some help.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:09 AM
balley
Elite HDF Member

I see the Trump International is close to where i will be, LOL

Old 10-20-2007, 08:23 AM
FLHDRIVER
Tourer

Try the Wellington, 55th and 7th Avenue. Older Hotel, but most rooms renovated the past few years, its clean and safe, centrally located.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:18 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: balley

That sounds good all. Some of you guys pm me with your number, When i get to NY i will call if i need some help.
balley,

I will PM you with my home and cell numbers. If you need anything, and its within my power to help I will be happy to do so.

Quick Reply: Going t New York