Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Boycott New Hope, PA

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Boycott New Hope, PA

ORIGINAL: nine11c2

?? are you saying that it's a town for men who, how do I put this nicely, wear chaps all year round?

While there is some of that, it's not like when you walk in town they shove a gerbil up your...(you get the idea, yes?)
Chaps, fingerless gloves and ride blue bikes.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:33 PM
stang9986
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a ticket there last year for loud exhaust on a 05 duece with a stock 88" motor at the time all it had was vance and hines pipes with stock baffles they said i was 3 dB over the limit at idle and gave me a $77 ticket then told me next time they get me in town it would be a $300 ticket and bike impounded for the exhaust cause they put your vin of file i will not be back there.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:31 PM
maxxcat
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Crazy Biker

ORIGINAL: nine11c2

?? are you saying that it's a town for men who, how do I put this nicely, wear chaps all year round?

While there is some of that, it's not like when you walk in town they shove a gerbil up your...(you get the idea, yes?)
Chaps, fingerless gloves and ride blue bikes.
Chaps, fingerless gloves(actually, full hand gloves), and ride blue Sportsters, right?

Nah, not me.

Btw, I also have boycotted New Hope. They will get no business from me anymore.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I live 5 miles from tham , and after reading the articles, as well as a few or you guy got hassled as well, Screw this

Old 10-15-2007, 05:31 PM
King_of_the_Road
Advanced

I'll be spending my money in Frenchtown or Lambertville. I don't want to offend any of the folks in New Hope by being one of "those" people dropping cash in "their" town. If no one goes there anymore then they will be crying a different tune.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
mitcht
Cruiser

I agree with King of the Road !! I'd love to hear from any forum members of they went yesterday and if it was a bust or not.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Thor
Road Master

Definately a bust...they made it more than known that "bikers" are not welcome. For a town that supposedly welcomes diversity, they sure dont welcome all[:@]
Here is a link to our local papers article on the activities...Sorry to all who travelled out here to enjoy the scenery and good company, only to get hasseled.
BTW~I'm no lawyer, but I did spend the better part of a decade in LE, and as far as I know, there still isn't a db meter approved by Pa yet, so that may be a valid defense, depending on how they wrote the cite

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1423764.html

Old 10-15-2007, 11:55 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so glad I didn't go.I boycotted New Hopeyears ago,before I even had a Harley.I can't believe they would lure you into town,and then have the audacity to ticket and make $ off of you!Where were all the fair weather riders on Sunday? Did you guys really go to New Hope? Or was it because the temps dropped about 23 degrees from last weekend? Oh well...keep on boycottimg New Hope anyways!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 AM
Thor
Road Master

I went to see the bikes, but caged it as I had my sons with me (one kid I can handle, both kids and the bike gets a little crowded LOL). There were a lot of sweet bikes...just a shame that the atmosphere was as it was.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:09 PM
NYNickET
Road Captain

If bikers really stayed away it would impact the town. Including the town council which makes mucho off of all the tickets they write.

I am sure all Fall & next season the bikers will still ride in New Hope.

I will not.

Quick Reply: Boycott New Hope, PA