Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Biketoberfest in New Hope,PA.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Biketoberfest in New Hope,PA.

It's really not that bad. In a nutshell, don't show off and your ok.

I prefer to avoid this spot, but if peeps want to hook up for a ride, I'm game. No saying we need to spend the day there with all the RUBS. Lot's of good riding in Bucks County.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:18 PM
acedantinne
Tourer

Got stopped riding my bicycle in town. One of the local shoppers step off curb to cross. Police you must stop for pedestrian traffic. Yea! if there at the cross walk. Not the middle of the street crossing. Reply; not in my town. Oh, Your town.
It's really not that great of a town.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
subculture08
Tourer
Old 10-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Streetmed
Cruiser

Well where there is smoke there's fire. Both me and my money will be going somewhere else that weekend and New Hope can kiss my lilly white Irish ****! JMTC!

Streetmed
06 Streetglide
V&H Bigshot true duals (Too loud for those New Hopians )
K&N Stage 1
PC III

Old 10-06-2007, 11:47 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what...I started this post but I don't think I'm going after all.It doesn't look like it will be too much different than any other weekend in New Hope.Just a bunch of RUBs not really interested in riding.Most just want to be seen.I think I'll head elsewhere that weekend.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

And here I thought New Hope was a Gay community! Turns out their just a bunch of **** suckers.[sm=grinangel.gif]

Did I say that[sm=escape.gif]

Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
sjef
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

We rode there from South Jersey a few weeks ago. Had a good time, cop hassled us about the meter as we were about to leave,but as he was talking to us another biker parked and filled the meter. Cop told me how lucky I was and left. Don't know why they have to be jerks to people spending money. Down here at the shore we put up with tourists all summer because they spend money, that should be appreciated. Oh well I wouldn't mind going back though, nice ride.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:18 PM
NYNickET
Road Captain

i can tell you first hand they are D!¢KS to bikers big time. . . and yet the streets are flooded with bikes as far as the eyes can see.

they sit & wait fer you to do anything and i mean ANYTHING that is not in perfect compliance with THEIR law.

i went. had a great time with my Diva but watched my fellow rides be hasseled all afternoon.

they walk up & down the street checking every bike for any violation.

consider yourself warned.

peace --N.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
King_of_the_Road
Advanced

I ride there with a high school buddy and our women folk for breakfast in town. While parking, one of the store owners came out and told my buddy to tuck his bike in a bit, it was touching the line and she guided me back into the space far enough that I didn't hit the curb with my pipes. She told us to keep the meter full, keep the tires off the line, keep it quiet and we should be alright. After breakfast we went back to the bikes to stow the ladies jackets and we saw one of the local constabulary giving a hard look at our bikes. I talk to anybody so I asked him how he was doing. He looked up, looked at me, turned away and went to the next spot and wrote the guy up for his tire touching the line.

Later in the day we were talking to a guy that was parking his bike one to a spot. A different cop came up and very nicely asked if he would mind parking on an angle to make room for other bikes to park there. I asked about the sharing spots since I had gotten a ticket years ago for parking 2 up in the spot. He said that the town realized that bikers were a big part of the tourists and they wanted to make as much room for them as possible. I asked what was up with the ticketing bikes when the wheels touch the line. With a smirk he replied "Well, we have to draw the line somewhere". 180 degrees different from the first cop.

Overall, my impression is that they tolerate the bikers as an income source but would rather see the town full of Miatas and BMW convertibles (not that there is anything wrong with that). Sure is a different place from when I first started going there in '68.

Anyone know what the attitude is in Lambertsville or Frenchtown?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Rininhoj
Cruiser

King,
Both Lambertville & Frenchtown seem to have no problem with bikes. Heard good things about the Frenchtown Café on the SW corner of Main st (Rt 29) @ the bridge going over to Pa. Just seems that New Hope has always been the place to hang. I know me & the OL can spend allot more time walking the town in NH.Might head there this weekend. Need to hit Triumph brewery & fill up my growlers with some Oktoberfest or India Pale Ale.
Rini

snip-
Though I have never had a run-in in New Hope I understand many have. I hit it at least 2-3 times a year. But they do seem to have a tug-of-war going on as far as bikes go. One year they started ticketing more than 1 bike per meter. Talk about stupid. If there are 5 bikes in a spot, ( Thats a potential of 10 people spending $$'s in town) & it runs out of money, thats 5 tickets they could write. But the unwritten rule always was, you park w/other bikes if there was room & feed the meter if it wasn't full.
-sniped from a previous post of my own.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest in New Hope,PA.