Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Sad day for NJ HD forum riders - RIP Gary - Nitetrain

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sad day for NJ HD forum riders - RIP Gary - Nitetrain

I just wanted to pass this along to those of your who have been fortunate enough to get to know Gary (aka - nitetrain) over the last year or so.
I just got a call from Gary's wife, and she told me he passed away today. I'm really bummed about it, especially considering I stopped by his house a few weeks ago and he seemed to be in really good spirits. I'm just really sad I didn't get to know him better...but I will say this...the few times I did get to spend with him, I feel like I've known him for years. We even got together on the odd week day for a couple rides over the last year...which was really nice, considering most people were working days and I didn't have too many folks to ride with on a Tuesday morning/afternoon.
Anyway, I just wanted to give you guys the sad news...and that funeral will be on Tuesday...info will be in tomorrow's Star Ledger, and the Home News Tribune. I'm going to see what I can do to make it out Tuesday....but I really think we should maybe setup a ride over the next week or two, in his memory...maybe even starting over his house...perhaps we can do something for his family. I know we weren't able to get as many rides going this season as we had initially hoped...but we all have lives, and sometimes we get caught up in them....but I'd certainly like to see all of you for this special ride...This one's for Gary. God bless you man!

Todd

[IMG]local://upfiles/6866/2363035CD0854CAA98F42F2CE963DD49.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Storm 4 U
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sad day for NJ HD forum riders - RIP Gary - Nitetrain

So sorry to hear this
please pass our thoughts and prayers
on to the family

Old 09-16-2007, 07:12 PM
TJS48
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd thanks for posting this sad news. I sat with Gary for a couple of hours just two weeks ago today. He looked much better than i expected and had such a positive attitude, talking about what upgrades he would do to his bike over the winter. He even test drove a Mustang GT the day before and was figuring how to buy it. Joe talked to his wife tonight and was told the viewing would be at the Demarco funeral home in Jamesburg ontuesday from 2-4 and 7-9. It would be nice to see as many guys as possible if they can make it on tuesday night. Gary was one of the really good people in the world and this is indeed a sad day. I agree with getting a ride together and starting from his house if its alright with his wife.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:21 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes a sad day indeed. Gary was a person with a great attitude. He always seem to have a postive look on things. God bless him and his family. I will be at the wake on tuesday night. As mentioned I would be part of that memorial ride.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:56 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: TJS48

Todd thanks for posting this sad news. I sat with Gary for a couple of hours just two weeks ago today. He looked much better than i expected and had such a positive attitude, talking about what upgrades he would do to his bike over the winter. He even test drove a Mustang GT the day before and was figuring how to buy it. Joe talked to his wife tonight and was told the viewing would be at the Demarco funeral home in Jamesburg ontuesday from 2-4 and 7-9. It would be nice to see as many guys as possible if they can make it on tuesday night. Gary was one of the really good people in the world and this is indeed a sad day. I agree with getting a ride together and starting from his house if its alright with his wife.
I, too, sat with Gary...I think it was 3 weeks ago now...but I know exactly what you're saying Tom. He had an amazing attitude...and I really felt like he'd be out riding with us again soon. While this doesn't come as a complete surprise, it was a little shocking that it happened this fast...espeically after seeing him a couple weeks ago. And not to mention, he was riding his bicycle a few weeks before that...doing quite a few miles a week.
Anyway, thanks for passing along the details on the wake...I will definitely be going tomorrow night, and I hope to see a few of you there.

Todd

Old 09-16-2007, 08:48 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm shocked guys. I think I sat with him and Joe Flanter at the hospital not that long ago, and I think I called him Friday or Saturday and left a message on his voicemail to see how he was doing.

I am so sad to hear this I can't tell you. Gary was just a great guy with a great attitude and I'm so glad to have met him.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

We are diminished.

Gary - RIP - Ride In Peace

Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 PM
20NightTrain03
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ride in peace
ride in peace

Old 09-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So sorry to hear.Thoughts & prayers for Gary & to his family.I never met Gary,but it's quite obvious he had some great friends here.
As 02 said "Ride In Peace Gary"

Old 09-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Big Dog
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

RIDE IN PEACE

Please pass thoughts and prayers to His Family

Big Dog & Brenda

Quick Reply: Sad day for NJ HD forum riders - RIP Gary - Nitetrain