Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Bucks County Riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bucks County Riders

ORIGINAL: mitcht

Jayfrom PA

Bummer, I didn't see your post until today.Did you go? I was there at 830 and went off with one of the first groups around 10am. it was a bit unorganized, but a really nice ride with great weather. I heard almost 300 showed and would have been more but there was a big ride event at McGuires airforce base of over 700.

An=other good one in is the covered bridge ride on June 10th. Check out Brian's HDwebsite/events. Last year over 700 attended.
Been busy this week, first time back to the forums since Sunday.

Me, my good bud and his pal took off from Brians in the first wave of bikes around 9:50. To say it was disorganized would be a small understatement. My leader missed a turn at least three times and we had to u-turn it. I'm not going to complain about that becasue it's a pain in the butt being the guy leading the pack, so kudos to him for taking the initiaive. There were no blockers and my buddy blocks on the GILDA RUN every year and he got fed up and did all the blocking on his own accord for the majority of the ride.

It ended up being a really nice day, weather wise and I got to see some nice parts of the county I had not been through before. I passed Jon Runayn who was coming the other way and had to laugh cause the guy is enormus and he was on what looked like a Road King in nothing but khaki shorts and an Eagles windbreaker. Couldn't miss that guy for sure.

On the return trip a few weird things happened. For one, this fat bastard in front of me on a POS 73 Sporty almost bit it at least 3 times taking turns in the twisties at Nockamixon. Then, while we were going southbound on 611, his friggin gas cap flies off and shoots across the highway like a bee-bee, nearly capping my bro's front wheel. [:@]
Granted, I'm not the expert group rider out there but I do have the common sense to make sure my scooter is ingood working order before I subject others to riding with me.

The get together at the park was nice and the band was pretty good. BBQ was outstanding and it was a nice end to a semi perfect day of riding with friends. I added a few pics I took while there.
Check out the old school scoot and the Trike with the Bel-Air rear end. He won two trophies that day.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...a/DSCN0598.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...a/DSCN0596.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...a/DSCN0599.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...a/DSCN0601.jpg

Old 05-25-2007, 11:01 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh, I'm down with some Sunday riding. Anyone interested?

Old 05-26-2007, 08:09 AM
mitcht
Cruiser

To JayfromPA

You are too funny.....good summary on the ride. Nick from Brian's HD part dept told nme in his group a guy went into one of the road ditches...yikes! Anyway, it's always fun to get out in a group and you said it right........all groups should have road blockers. Because we had none, I beleive we started with about 25 riders and rolled into CoreCreek with onky 11 left........lost them during the ride!! Scattered in Bucks County !!

Take care............my pic attached, so perhaps I'll see you on June 10th, the Covered Bridge Ride.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10980/565FC684D2294AB1B77CCD47C5E4A526.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-27-2007, 01:54 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice scooter ya got there Mitch!

My group ended up the same as yours, sticks in the wind by the end of the ride. ****ed up part was, our leader left us in the dust at a traffic light on 611. Considering he made 3 bad turns, you would have thought he would have given a reach around to us by stopping to let us catch up.

I heard about someone eating it in one of the groups. That sucks, hope it turned out ok for that guy.

Overall it was a good day, hope to hook up with you sometime.