Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Mountain Fest. Morgantown.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Timmer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mountain Fest. Morgantown.

Anyone ever stay at Divines campgrounds? Sounds like a cool place. Tim

Old 05-28-2007, 04:24 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I live 25 minutes away from Morgantown and Uniontown,last year I had to work in Morgantownfor most of it and made it to the last day[:@]Pretty cool from what I got to do but missed most of the main events. Not this year![8D]I am learning the area a little bit and it seems to have some nice riding.You can do a sweet loop thru PA/Maryland/WV I think,I am planning a route out to try since I'm learning the roads for work
Triple S is sponsoring it. I don't know a bunch of the local folks in the scenebut know a couple people at Triple SLet me know what kind of info you want and I'll dig it up and ask some of the locals I work with.
http://www.triplesharley-davidson.com/default.asp

I haven't been yet but another good one is suppose to be Hazen,all my local buds go religously and I'm rolling there this yearnot a family oriented party from what I'm told
http://www.lets-ride.com/event/pennsylvania.htm
June 15 - 17, 2007 Hazen, Pennsylvania
Hazen ABATE of PA 30th Annual State Party
Sponsored by ABATE of PA
Gates open at 12:00 pm, 7.3 miles north of I-80 exit 81. Pre-registration is $30.00 per person and receive an event pin. The price is $40.00 at the gate and does not include a pin. The event includes a bike show, bike games, vendors, music and more. You must be 21 years of age to attend. The party is open to all ABATE members and their guests and MRO members. Each ABATE member can bring 5 guests. For more information call (717) 731-8955

or go to www.abatepa.org.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:23 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm seriously considering this trip Timmer. Wife gave the thumbs up for one major trip this summer without the family and it's a toss up between this one and Thunder in the Valley in Johnstown. If your interested in hooking up let me know and we could start planning it.

Not sure how I can pack for it though. No racks or bags on my bike and I only ride a solo seat.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Still no feedback on this trip?

Old 06-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Timmer
Road Captain

Twisty, do you have any info on Divine's campgrounds. They do have a new website but getting ahold of them on the phone is damn near impossible. I see it's 8 miles from the mall????? http://divinewv.com/Any info, good, bad or other would be cool. I've been to TripleS, a very cool dealer, nice people.

Jay, tentatively me and a bud will be heading down Thursday night and staying till Sunday morning, that's the plan right now, but things are subject to change. I'm hoping to pitch a tent at Divine's. It looks as though that's where alot is happening. He11, you don't need to pack, go to Wally world get you a black backpack, throw in a couple pair of 'ders, some flip flops, ( wait a sec, your a big dude, your flip flops probably look like snowshoes,[sm=yikesomg.gif]) a pair of shorts, a pair of jeans and you'll be cool. If I can stuff enuff chit into my barrel bag, I'll be happy, if not I'll throw the big bag on the travel rack but Iain't into the look. Tim

Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Timmer
Road Captain

By the way. What do we have like 5000 members of this forum? And only 4 people are going. Come on, there's gotta be more than that going???? Tim

Old 06-30-2007, 02:58 AM
turkey_flyer
2nd Gear

Went there for the first time last year. About 20 of us from Ohio ride down from Columbus. Great ride there and back. It's a really good event and one of the few that the Mrs. will either go to or give me a hassle free kitchen pass to. Lots of great riding while you are there. Since camping days are a thing of the past for most of us, we stayed at the Hampton there. It's not far from any of the events and is easy access for most rides. Most of us will be coming back this year again.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:06 AM
roady
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am considering going. I got to see if I can get off work but I am interested.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Timmer
Road Captain

Jay, you still thinking of going? Anybody else? Tried numerous times at calling the chick from Divines, answering machine everytime. Left a message, hasn't called back. WTF? Tim

Old 07-13-2007, 05:24 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry I hadn't checked back inon the thread. I'll see what I can found out about the camp ground & my offer is still open,if need be a couple tents can be stationed in my yard and my neighbors alsoIt's not the ritz or anything but it's free & 25 mles from Morgantown.

Quick Reply: Mountain Fest. Morgantown.