Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

summer ride to the North east

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Lucky1958
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default summer ride to the North east

Bringing a group to the upstate area in late may. Will be in the buffalo area then the finger lakes then the adirondacks then across new England.
Looking for some places to stay around finger lakes and the adirondacks.
Thanks for any help
Lucky

Old 12-30-2013, 07:01 PM
BigWaterJim
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 127 Posts

As you are going through the Dacks stop in Old Forge NY. Great place. Lots of motels.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:02 PM
BigWaterJim
Road Warrior

Finger Lakes you have Watkins Glen.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:02 AM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if u come down sullivian county,pike county PA send me a PM we will get together and take u through some back roads up here

Old 12-31-2013, 09:22 AM
elecwiz1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I live in the Finger Lakes and have ridden up north, Adirondaks and such. Last summer did a week through Vermont, NH, Mass.

All depends on how many miles you want to go and how straight you want to get there. I would stay in Watkins Glen, A bunch of Motor Inns there along the west side of the lake. Many are nice and affordable.

-wine tours around the lakes, you can't drive around any lake (or very far) without running across a winery, many great ones.
-water falls, Ithaca, Watkins Glenn, Trumansburg, Hector
-Big Johnson's Tavern. . Best little (safe) dive biker bar around. Dead animals on the walls, dog running around, just perfect. In Hector, NY.
-Vonnie's Boathouse . . good people, good bar, good food, bike friendly, near Geneva NY
-Letchworth State park. . Enjoy the ride, the falls, the bridge, the canyon. It is a nice park to take a ride through.
-route 20A and route 64 from Hemlock to Bristol then into Naples (great views like the one in my sig pic.)
-Alleghany State Park and Kinzua Dam area in PA/NY
-Classic Car Museum in Norwich, NY is a great stop
-Glenn H Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport . . Glenn was an early aviator and engine builder. Set land speed records on bikes. . plenty to see there.
-Would also suggest riding route 30 along the Pepacton Reservoir and stopping at the OLD Schoolhouse Inn in Downsville, NY

I can keep going. . .what are you looking for?, PM me. I can recommend some roads, stops, whatever, maybe even play tour guide if the timing is right.

Last edited by elecwiz1; 12-31-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:34 PM
BigWaterJim
Road Warrior

You can't beat driving up 12 to 28. 28 takes you from the west side of park to east. Lakes, turns and gorgeous woods.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Lucky1958
Cruiser

Thx guys

Old 01-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Lucky1958
Cruiser

Originally Posted by elecwiz1
So, I live in the Finger Lakes and have ridden up north, Adirondaks and such. Last summer did a week through Vermont, NH, Mass.

All depends on how many miles you want to go and how straight you want to get there. I would stay in Watkins Glen, A bunch of Motor Inns there along the west side of the lake. Many are nice and affordable.

-wine tours around the lakes, you can't drive around any lake (or very far) without running across a winery, many great ones.
-Big Johnson's Tavern. . Best little (safe) dive biker bar around. Dead animals on the walls, dog running around, just perfect. In Hector, NY.
-Vonnie's Boathouse . . good people, good bar, good food, bike friendly, near Geneva NY
-Letchworth State park. . Enjoy the ride, the falls, the bridge, the canyon. It is a nice park to take a ride through.
-route 20A and route 64 from Hemlock to Bristol then into Naples (great views like the one in my sig pic.)
-Glenn H Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport . . Glenn was an early aviator and engine builder. Set land speed records on bikes. . plenty to see there.
-Would also suggest riding route 30 along the Pepacton Reservoir and stopping at the OLD Schoolhouse Inn in Downsville, NY

I can keep going. . .what are you looking for?, PM me. I can recommend some roads, stops, whatever, maybe even play tour guide if the timing is right.

Will be starting in Buffalo and working north and east in late may.
Its going to be a 18 day trip start to finish.
only have a couple days for upsate NY
then accross New England to Nova scotia
then back south along the coast Boston,NYC,DC etc.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Lucky1958
Cruiser

Originally Posted by elecwiz1

some great stuff thanks again