Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Harley Rendezvous - first time going..

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Harley Rendezvous - first time going..

We had tickets last year but the weather was bad so we did not go but my wife and I are going to the harley rendezvous this year in mariaville,ny in june. Its our first time and I want some idea of what to expect-good time? We will likely bring a tent but I already have a room in Amsterdam for the weekend too so in case we just have to sleep on a bed we can ride there for the night if we want. I'm looking forward to it but since we have not been there we don't really know what to expect. What 'must have items should i bring? It looks like theres more than a few wild woman there too! Hoping for a good time with my wife there this year!

Old 04-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Rogue13
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I've neve been but would love to. I'm sure you have gone to their website, but there are a few videos on youtube you could check out. Looks like a good time. Having the hotel room in your back pocket is a good idea.

Ride safe.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 PM
foxhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need much to go to the Rendezvous. Your bike, tent and sleeping bags. Food is available. More beer than you could ever drink. Set up your tent and you will make a ton of friends. Whatever you need but forgot, others will share theirs. It is the nature of the vous. The general consensus is that if you don't like bikes, beer, bands and *****, then this isn't the place for you. Once inside the grounds, you don't have to leave for anything. I've heard of some people who have had a motel room for a place to shower and change. But showers are available.

Last edited by foxhd; 04-22-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by foxhd
You don't need much to go to the Rendezvous. Your bike, tent and sleeping bags. Food is available. More beer than you could ever drink. Set up your tent and you will make a ton of friends. Whatever you need but forgot, others will share theirs. It is the nature of the vous. The general consensus is that if you don't like bikes, beer, bands and *****, then this isn't the place for you. Once inside the grounds, you don't have to leave for anything. I've heard of some people who have had a motel room for a place to shower and change. But showers are available.

We're really looking forward to it!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 AM
Roguepup
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine has been going up there with his whole family for years. Back in November he invited me to join them this year. Only problem is getting the time off of work to make it there. Might take Friday off work and head up there Thursday night or Friday morning.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
harlycarly
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that you'll find everything there you'll need except one thing: sleep. Don't know if this matters or not to you, but as much fun as it can be it is pretty much non stop partying 24 hrs a day. Fun weekend, but not exactly restful. Camped there a few times, last time 3 of us split a motel and it was really nice to chill out at night. HAving an onsite tent and motel as an escape route is a perfect plan. DO NOT drive drunk or crazy when you leave the grounds to go back to the room. Police ALL over, you WILL get stopped and busted.

Total mayhem, but great people there at least back when I attended. Report back, ride safe.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:50 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Info please

Where is this? Sounds like a good 'ol time. Is there a website or something???

Old 06-09-2012, 06:32 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Here ya go Eve. They do not sell tickets at the gate. I'm going to wait until I get back from Laconia to see how the weather is going to be before I purchase.

http://www.harleyrendezvous.com/index.php

Old 06-09-2012, 06:51 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the FYI, Howitzer.
Maybe not my cup of tea now that I've seen it.
Everybody have fun though!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:54 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
Thanks for the FYI, Howitzer.
Maybe not my cup of tea now that I've seen it.
Everybody have fun though!
NP Eve. Its a hard-core biker event. Not like Americade at all!

Quick Reply: Harley Rendezvous - first time going..