Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Americade

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:12 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8AGSXR
Backed out and decided on thunder in the valley in johnstown PA, more of party crowd there than at americade.

I've never been and was thinking about it. Lookingon the websites, it doesn't really look like much of a party scene.. How is it??

Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM
JABMIKE
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Americade

Planning on going to lake george for americade. We have never been to americade. Is it better to find a hotel off the main strip to avoid traffic and whats the deal with registration??? Do i need to pay to where the venders are????

Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 AM
nhbiker1961
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend that lives in Glens Falls, so I go every year. Cheap vacation, just food, beer and gasoline.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:52 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

going from thurs and check out sunday - leaving from Montreal..... rainy last year.. stayed at Georgian Inn last 2 years... i think to pricy for quality of rooms but location is good. Just booked 2 weeks ago at the Tiki Resort.. never been there... .had a difficult time finding availble hotels on Canada street for 3 days... most of them wanted 4 day min and were fully booked.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JABMIKE
Planning on going to lake george for americade. We have never been to americade. Is it better to find a hotel off the main strip to avoid traffic and whats the deal with registration??? Do i need to pay to where the venders are????
Yes you have to pay to get into the vendor area. If you register for the week it's included but you can just get a day pass if you'd like.

There are vendors up the road about 10 miles in Warrensburg that you don't have to pay for but there are more vendors at the Million Dollar beach Americade Tour Expo.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by customsoftail200
I've never been and was thinking about it. Lookingon the websites, it doesn't really look like much of a party scene.. How is it??
There is some partying, people line up their chairs on the main drag and watch the bikes go buy - sitting drinking their whatever. Friday and Saturday nights downtown tend to get a little more crowded and last year we found too much on Saturday night - lots of teenagers walking the streets (local kids,non-bikers).

So, if you are looking for a Daytona like experience, no it's not quite like that, but that's what we like about it. 5 minutes away, you can be sitting in a quaint Italian restaurant and not feel like you brought your kids with you.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:43 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master

The traffic is not horrible, they keep it moving pretty well, and there is at least two lanes in each direction. It can get backed up at night, but that's what everyone seems to like - cruising the downtown and showing off their ride. It's only 6-8 blocks of congestion so not so bad and if you hate that, just avoid riding through the center of the mess on Saturday afternoon and in the evenings. That said, we usually stay off the main strip, and if we want to hang out in town, park a few blocks up or walk up from the vendor area at the beach.

Some of the hotels like to try to make a 3, 4 or 5 night minimum. We avoid those and have never had a problem finding a place to stay.

If you are going to be there 3 or more days, or want to take part in any of the rides or boat cruises, the registration pays off as it is $15 or $20 to get into the expo area each day and with the reg you can come and go as you please. If you are just going for a day/day and a half it doesn't really make sense.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 AM
JABMIKE
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Americade

Thanx deluxelady, we are actually only going mon-wed, won't be there for the weekend. We have rooms booked at the georgian on the main drag. I usually like to stay farther away but shouldn't be that bad early in the week.

WE WILL BE COMING NORTH ON RTE 22 FROM DUTCHESS. ANYONE TELL ME THE BEST WAY INTO LAKE GEORGE FROM 22??

Last edited by JABMIKE; 03-26-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master

Thanx deluxelady, we are actually only going mon-wed, won't be there for the weekend. We have rooms booked at the georgian on the main drag. I usually like to stay farther away but shouldn't be that bad early in the week.

WE WILL BE COMING NORTH ON RTE 22 FROM DUTCHESS. ANYONE TELL ME THE BEST WAY INTO LAKE GEORGE FROM 22??
Wow, you are not far from me. I am off 22 in Putnam. You will have no issues Mon-Wed and the Georgian is a nice hotel. It should be pretty tame and you won't have the big crowds at the vendor area that time of the week.

As far as routes, do you want to avoid 87 all together? A nice ride is 22 to 67 to 9 and that takes you through Saratoga. 67 is mostly farms and little towns, a nice ride if you are looking to make tracks.

If you are looking to make time, 22 to 90 to 787 to 87. The worst part is going around Albany.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Curlybill
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

I have been to the Americade about 6 times in the last 15 years. Usually ride up early in the morning and back home late at night. Well not as young as I used to be. Spent 2 1/2 hours last night trying to find a room for overnight Wednesday. Everybody wanted 3 or 4 nights. Only place that was taking resevations for one night was the Tiki. Can anyone tell me how close to the main drag the Tiki is. We usually parked near the vender area and walked up. Can we sit in front of the Tiki and watch the show go by. Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Americade