Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

tri state hd dealer???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 04:12 PM
MidLifeVices
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tri state hd dealer???

hello all, first post on here. great site and found plenty of info thus far. I recently moved into the Belmar NJ area and i am in search of my new home. I have heard from the locals (and from a quick search on the internet) i have 2 dealerships actually very close to me. Long Branch and Ocean County Harley. Any input on either dealer? I rode past both over the weekend and just got a look at the dealer. Long Branch was a nice old school, yet small establishment. Ocean was a big dealer and a ton of cars and customers in the parking lot and building. Not looking to trade up or anything but just want a nice place to frequent and be MY dealer. Never know though, those new CVOs just keep gettin better. thanks for the read guys. any input greatly appreciated.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:38 AM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, first let me say welcome to 07719 zip code. I am right over in West Belmar. The two dealerships are completely different. I bought my RG from OC HD only because they offered me a deal I couldnt turn down. OC HD offers more in the way of events but LB HD is by far a better place in my opinion. I do the majority of my business with LB HD, however OC HD still drags me in there for some reason, maybe the size of it. If I had to choose one particular dealership to be MY dealership...It would be LB...but thats just me.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 AM
ptl203
Road Warrior

Hit me up if you want a tour of the area

Old 10-14-2010, 03:03 PM
MidLifeVices
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply! And the welcome!! I used to frequent this area a lot when I was much younger. Used to love coming to the Jersey Shore for the summer back then. My oh my has it changed! Somehow I found myself home from work early so i decided to shoot over to LB HD. Nice place, the people werent too friendly though, but not like many dealers are anyway. A lot still have the "you need me, i don't need you" attitude. I would like to give a shot at OC HD to see what they got, I just need to find the time.

On another note, I have seriously considered my option of trading up for a new bagger (whoo whoo). LB didnt have much of a selection. If I catch a clear day, maybe OC HD will give me a deal i can't refuse too! You never know. How was your sales experience with them, if you don't mind me asking.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior

LB usually doesn't have too many baggers on the floor for some reason. OC usually does. I went with the 2010 RG and they did it for $17,900. It wasn't the deal of the century but I couldn't turn it down. They did good on my trade also. I am doing a Blue Knights run this weekend if you are interested let me know

Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
CC Rainman
Tourer

Mid, I baught my 09 SG from OC in January. I had a pretty good experience with them. They were willing to negotiate which was nice. My salesman was Doug who was funny and a good guy to deal with.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:43 PM
MidLifeVices
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply again! Sounds like a good deal ptl. I'm a little tied up this weekend. The only reason I haven't bought my new toy is because I just dont have the time to ride. But you only live once right? And I damn sure ain't gettin younger. I really appreciate the offer.

Rainman, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to ask for doug if I make my way in there. I'll tell him rainman with the sg sent me

Old 10-15-2010, 10:22 AM
karaokeman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW..bought my bike from Ocean County and had nothing but good dealings with the purchase and subsequent service since. I'm in the middle of both dealerships also and could go either way.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
CC Rainman
Tourer

Originally Posted by MidLifeVices
Thanks for the reply again! Sounds like a good deal ptl. I'm a little tied up this weekend. The only reason I haven't bought my new toy is because I just dont have the time to ride. But you only live once right? And I damn sure ain't gettin younger. I really appreciate the offer.

Rainman, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to ask for doug if I make my way in there. I'll tell him rainman with the sg sent me
He'll know me by Claude black 09 SG Good Luck