Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Roar to the Shore

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Shibby
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRZYLGZZ
I mean wow 4 days calling. And not one accommodating hotel.I mean they're nice, but don't care one way or the other they're telling me.no short stays 3 days or more at their inflated prices..
check out vrbo.com, maybe you can find someone with a condo willing to rent just for the weekend, at this point they will probably take it, doesn't hurt to try...
This is how I found the spot we stay at every year.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I mean wow 4 days calling. And not one accommodating hotel.I mean they're nice, but don't care one way or the other they're telling me.no short stays 3 days or more at their inflated prices..
Try craigslist, theres usually some places on there. You can also post a wanted ad on there, I've had very good success in years past using craigslist.. There are quite a few 1 bedroom condo's you can get for 90-120/night...

Old 08-20-2010, 09:36 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Holy crap. I mean they said Sturgis might have had their biggest crowds ever this year.

I wonder if that is holding true this year for the Roar. I've NEVER heard that there is no rooms available anywhere before.

Carlos, there are SOOOO many hotels down there but most WILL have a min stay of 3 nights...I will make a call for you.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:27 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TIP...got the room for ,, get this, A 3 nights must stay..

Lmfaoo, i laughed at the lady on the phone..
the conversation sorta went like this.

No guests,
No Beer.
No smoking,
No Loud Noise during the day...I asked her if she was aware of the Roar to the Shore. and all of the bikes in the area.
. her response.. we dont need that kind of element down here..

My response, wow you must have a really great place and well received to be full all year round..

Her response... No we reach capacity only during events like this..

My response...Thank Goodness for the riff raff, who are taking a few days off from their 120k jobs to ride their bikes down to your Hotel.

I had Jasmine call back later and book the room. Tip.. sweet woman, but certianly wasnt gonna give the room to a biker.

Lmfaoo Jasmine told her that she was attending the car show lmfaaoooo... ohh you shoulda heard that conversation... lmfaooooo

Anyways.. got the room. I'll be arriving Friday. Lemme know what your itinerary is, maybe ill meet you up north, and ride down south with ya. Assuming your going down friday.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 AM
RNBONES
Road Master

Im hoping to round up some people to ride down saturday morning for the day. I'll be leaving from the Philly area early. Any takers hit me up!

Old 08-22-2010, 01:53 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member

No guests,
No Beer.
No smoking,
No Loud Noise during the day...I asked her if she was aware of the Roar to the Shore. and all of the bikes in the area.

My response, wow you must have a really great place and well received to be full all year round..

My response...Thank Goodness for the riff raff, who are taking a few days off from their 120k jobs to ride their bikes down to your Hotel.

I had Jasmine call back later and book the room. Tip.. sweet woman, but certianly wasnt gonna give the room to a biker.

Lmfaoo Jasmine told her that she was attending the car show lmfaaoooo... ohh you shoulda heard that conversation... lmfaooooo

Anyways.. got the room. I'll be arriving Friday. Lemme know what your itinerary is, maybe ill meet you up north, and ride down south with ya. Assuming your going down friday.
LMAO, Carlos, I chatted with a guy who knew all about the event. His only concern was it was a low key small place.

Like I told him, it is a roof over your head AWAY from the crowds.

We'll do most of the partying up by the Bolero and Tuckers, etc, then back by my place for sure!

I'm there on Thursday a.m. till Sunday. Call me when your checked in!

Old 08-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Nostalgic07
Road Captain

No guests,
No Beer.
No smoking,

So...What motel ya staying at Los?

Old 08-22-2010, 05:39 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nostalgic07
So...What motel ya staying at Los?
He's staying at Sea Scape.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have been staying at the Caprice for the last 5 years. It's not the fanciest place. but centrally located right on Ocean Ave near convention center and walking distance to Bolero. The lady who runs it, is Biker friendly, never any hassles. Leaves towels out for bikes. On another note, was in Wildwood few weeks ago, the old Harley dealership is re-opened as a Motorcycle sales and service place, but not a authorized HD dealer. Stopped in, needed a new pair of clear padded glasses for night riding. They were friendly, had mostly choppers and used harleys, parts and clothes for sale. I Wish them luck! On Sunday on the way home ( from bike week ) we hit Atco raceway for the drag bike finals. ( usually is same time every year ) If you never experianced a top fuel Harely run up close, you gotta check it out!!! .......... Well so much for the drag bike nationals, went to Atco's web site and see they changed it to just some bikers and cars gambler racing that Sunday. Seems like everything I enjoy lately gets ruined or changed!!!!!

Last edited by Lifelong Biker; 08-23-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also there is a big tattoo convention in Wildwood this year, for all of you guys into ink ( including myself )! Link>>> http://www.wildwoodtattoobeachbash.com/artists.php

Quick Reply: Roar to the Shore