Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Brooklyn harley

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 03:01 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roadking, thanks for the invite. What time are you all gathering up?
I work Tuesday. But if I cn make it I will.

Is HD making concessions for the HD Hog chapter Or is it letting it go altogether. I can't imagine HD allowing a HOG chapter to fall apart.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:07 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the meeting is starting at 8pm even if u want just by quick to become a member if not the following week.i will pm u my number if u like and give u the details.but for hog.hd dont care we can still be a national members but no longer a chapter due to not having a dealer.and this is right from the rep of hd.he came down to the meeting on tuesday to explain.how our new patches have to be what we can have and not have for trade mark purpose.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bklyn HD Closing

Sorry to see the hard working people lose their jobs I bought my first Harley there in 1983. I never went back! They seemed to be customer friendly if you were a customer that had a lot of cash to spend. SI Harley bought a bike there a few years ago, never went back there either! Same mo as Bklyn HD. Do like I do "go south young man, south jesey that is to Barbs HD in Camden NJ

Old 03-13-2010, 10:44 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

DA, even with selling their bikes they were unscrupulous. They sat there and with a straight face told me. MY FatBob would be $19250 out the door. That wasn't including tax and title. They actually told me that was the best price in the tri state area.
Needless to say 45minutes later I got my FatBob at a different HD for almost 5K less than their ticket price.

That along with their "return for credit not cash policy", pay before you order, wait weeks for parts,
And what they did to some of the staffers.

No, I'm not sorry to see them go. I'm actually curious to see if anyone solicits their business.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:14 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

this is a hoot..
Look at their new website...they still use HD

http://www.brooklynharleydavidson.com/

Old 03-14-2010, 09:17 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain

they will have to change that soon

Old 03-18-2010, 04:40 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by CRZYLGZZ
Bk Harley update.................

They didnt close, they simply stopped selling Harley's, the location is now called Bklyn Motorcycles .

Inside Intel says, they were dimed out to HD for selling Non Harley items.. they were given an ultimatum, sell Harley Products or Lose franchise.

They Lost Franchise..

Now granted, they're still doing mechanical work, they're still doing inspections, but they are not selling HD motorcycles, and they're not ordering HD parts.
They're pawning out Vespa's (ughhh i bit my tongue on that one)...

I wonder whats gonna happen to the local HOG chapter. Lotta good folks there.
Maybe they'll go to Staten Island.
Harley wanted them to to build (or move to) a new facility.Try findind a large lot in a decent area in bklyn.They may try to get a Victory franchise.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain

well bklyn bob,and crzylgzz this tues.they r going to vote on the new name and patch pic for the club they have some nice names and pics.even if they get victory they might have a chapter but how many victorys have u seen in bklyn.they r nice bikes but if it not rice rockets it def a harley u c.my 2cents

Old 03-23-2010, 10:40 AM
ishred
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They told my buddy that harley paid them to stop selling because there were too many dealers in the area. HAHAHAHA

I figure it's because HD has been getting too many complaints, or because of those stupid scooters.

They made me wait 2 months for parts..good thing I put it on my CC and disputed it.

that place was such a rip off...not only did I pay full price for a used bike, but the one helmet they had in stock was already paid for by another customer who they said passed away. The helmet was sitting in the back with the guys receipt, paid in full...they made me pay full price for it anyway!!!!!!

Good Riddance.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

Oh im sure if you ask around..... you'll hear plenty of stories regarding that place.

Quick Reply: Brooklyn harley