Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Americade

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 07:56 PM
ican
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Americade

My wife and I are working on plans to visit Lake George for Americade, and then heading over to Laconia. From there we will go north to Colebrook NH and cross into Canada. We will come back across at Niagra Falls and head back to Arkansas. She rides a flstc and covers about 12,000 miles a year. I'm on a flhtc. Her pipes are a bit on the loud side, and she is concerned about that being an issue. We've been up that way a couple of times, and had no problems, but some say it is becoming more of an issue. I guess to be on the safe side I'll tone it down a bit. Anything else we need to be concerned about? Don and Pam

Old 01-02-2010, 07:51 AM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The NY State police have been setting up road checks on the NY thruway the week of Americade.. They check for DOT helmets pipes, current registration etc... If you stay off of these routes you should be ok as long as you don't do anything to draw the attention of LEO to yourself.... Just make sure you have DOT helmets.

Last edited by davidc; 01-02-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:16 AM
cerk4
Cruiser
Default americade

People keep talking about road blocks but I was there Fri. Sat. & sun. and not a road block to be found and I spent alot of time on 87 (North way) exit jumping. will be there this year and not worried about a thing...

Old 01-02-2010, 10:04 AM
ican
Tourer
Default Americade

My helment has custom paint and the DOT sticker is no longer visable. Wonder how they will handle that? I have a custom set of baffles that I will put in Pam's pipes. More concerned about Canada than NY. Arkansas is more laid back, and we have a bit more freedom than some places. Know several down here that have not had a license plate in 20 years, Most of us carry rifles and handguns in our pick up trucks and as long as you are not causing any problems, the law leaves you alone. Hope we can keep it that way. Don and Pam

Old 01-02-2010, 08:15 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

me and the wife r thinking of going this year for the first time where is there a place to stay and wont break the bank

Old 01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
cerk4
Cruiser

Surf Side or the Georgian are in town so you can walk arround town but any place you can get in will be ok. going up the weekend of Feb. 13 & 14 for the winter fest and motorcycle ice raceing, will check out some summer rates and let you know.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:33 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldnt worry to much for the pipes unless ure making a real racket - i have V&H ovals, wasnt bothered by the LEO but they did check helments... I'd say the LEO's werent real ****, just stay out of Glen Williams.. the LEO dont want bikers with noise in center of town... they will ticket you there for loud pipes, they want you to stay in LG village and not bother downtown area.
Route 9 is way to go than sticking on the I87 when close to LG village. was there in 2009, great weather and had a blast.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
ican
Tourer
Default Americada

I go back to work tomorrow and will be locking in my vacation days. Once thats taken care of I will have to find a room. I'd rather stay a few miles out of town so will need some advice on that. Don and Pam

Old 01-03-2010, 11:08 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great guys might have to get a new helmet.well i found brain savers with real dot approved

Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
dave k.
Cruiser

Been going to Americade for years & go to LG often (50 miles north from Albany) A couple of things:

Book your rooms Now! They all fill up real quick & will be totally reserved within a couple of weeks to the event. If you're "flush" w/ money and stay right in the village or close to it, it gets a little rowdy especially near the weekend. Do an internet search for logging in the Adirondacks within 10 miles of Lake George & you will see hundreds of motels. Areas like Lake Luzerne, Queensbury, Corinth, Warrensburgh (all within 10 miles) will be a little cheaper than the village itself.

Be Legal: NYS is a SOB when it comes to bikes especially during bike week. Exit 18 (rest stop) on the Northway is where they usually set up. I usually go thru Lake Luzerne (it's a beautiful ride) & never seen any Johnies...

Weather: Be prepared for rain. Last year was great but we've had total wash outs in the past. Gotta go right now but I'll ck on the post here if I can help...Dave

Quick Reply: Americade