Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Americade

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 AM
dave k.
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don, This is a revision to yesterday's post. I was in a hurry & just can't think that fast anymore.

As for lodging, it's a good idea to book your rooms once you know where you're staying. Being one of the first big event's in the Northeast, rooms will fill up quick. Also, you can ck out rooms up Rt 9 thru Diamond Point & Bolton Landing. Many are right on the lake but anything on Rt 9 up the west side of the lake will be pricey.

Generally the troopers leave us alone if we're not attracting attention. Make sure your reg, inspection & so on is up to date. FYI, I've heard of a lawsuit against NYS for pulling over bikes just because we're bikes, same as pulling every Blue car over just because they're blue. Last year, NYS made a presents early in the week, but not seen by the weekend.

Weather can be a problem, rain in upstate NY is a "crapshoot" from April thru July. Sorry.

It's a great event & I'm sure you & the wife will enjoy it. I look forward to it every year!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:57 AM
ican
Tourer
Default Americade

Talked to a co-worker that lives just outside Lake George. My wife and I will be stoping at his place and riding in from there. He's a Harley rider and knows the area. Had some nice rides down here the past few weeks. We ride if it is over 20 degrees and roads are dry. Need to get a new batt for my wifes flstc. It is cranking a bit slow on those cold days. Also need to get some new tires ordered for both bikes. Will be due by the time we leave for Americade. Thanks. Don and Pam

Old 01-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the last couple of years as long as you had a legal DOT helmet and baffles you'd be OK. If you are blipping the throttle ever 2 seconds then you may be in trouble but otherwise no problems.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Poor Ed
6th Gear

Hey Pam and Don I am also looking forward to going to Americade my first one just got a 07 fxst in Aug. and only did local riding, first bike in 30 years so I'm really looking forward to nice weather, have a fellow firefighter has a seasonal campsite right next to that big uncle Sam statue that's where we are hanging out good luck and see you guys in Lake George

Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree with above, if you have a DOT helmet and baffles, they are not going to bother you. There has been quite a lot of pressure from AMA and others on them doing these pull offs, so not sure what will happen this year. Last yuear they did it on Wed and Thurs so Fri and Saturday riders were safe. We do the scenic route anyway and mossed the pull off. However, one of my buddies that was eager to try my ride, too it for a short spin on 9N in the Bolton Landing area and came back with a ticket. He revved it up and came over a hill and was suppsoedly doing 50+ in a 30. He talked the guy down to loud pipes (which I have never had an issue with).

One other thing for NY staters; they got another guy we talked to for inspection. Since it is earlish in the season many forget, and this guy actually got stopped twice (once at the pull off on 87). It was the same cop so he let him go the second time, understanding he was from the city and had not got a chance to go get it inspected.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:37 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Planning on the trip this year. First timer. Looking forward to the ambiance!