Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Anyone from Rochester NY area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone from Rochester NY area?

I grew up in Chili. Graduated HS in 79. Been living in AZ for 26 yrs. Been out of touch for many years. I'm curious if anyone from that era is on the forum. Long shot I know, but worth posting anyway.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:30 PM
1lowsporty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guess what! I am In West Irondequoit! Your a couple years older than I,but still in the Nick Tahoe's time frame : ) Arizona is one of my favorite places to visit during our upstate NY winters. Had a few inches of snow today making me wish I was in Az. I was just there in July when it was 117 out. From Phoenix did Sedona and the Grand Canyon with my daughter.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:29 AM
2of2
Road Warrior

Nick Tahoe's. I have been there. Great chili cheese dogs if I recall. I like those white hots. We used to hang out on Charlotte beach. I am having trouble remembering the names of places. Been out here too long. House of Guitars still there? Penny Arcade on Lake Ave? Oh yes, the good old days.
Next time you plan a trip out here get in touch with me. We have some great riding here. We have a good group of riders here and we ride almost every weekend. Will be happy to show you some cool spots.

Last edited by 2of2; 12-10-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:26 AM
1lowsporty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live two blocks from the House of Guitars. Let me know if you want one of their t-shirts. No more Penny Arcade it is BBQ joint now. I will let you know next time I am heading out your way. Middle of a snow storm today be glad your there!

Old 12-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I'm here representing the ROC. Live in Mendon now but grew up in Macedon / Victor. Work at Haulen *** in Gates... near Lyle & 390

Didn't graduate HS till 2001 so I'm a bit behind you guys. Just graduated from RIT in 2007

Last edited by Haulen Ass; 12-14-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
2of2
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1lowsporty
I live two blocks from the House of Guitars. Let me know if you want one of their t-shirts. No more Penny Arcade it is BBQ joint now. I will let you know next time I am heading out your way. Middle of a snow storm today be glad your there!
T shirt would be great. I had one years ago and some lowlife stole it out of the dryer at the apartments I was living at. Definitely let me know when you are planning to be here.
Snow? Whats that? Oh yeah, I remember.
Sorry. I couldn't resist that one.
Sounds like a good time to plan a trip out here.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:58 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Count me in as I'm currently living in Brockport. Graduated from Rochester School for the Deaf (RSD) in 1983.

There's only one Nick Tahou's in Downtown Rochester. There used to be another one on Lyell Road between Howard Road and I-390. Yeah, House of Guitars still there. Never been in that store myself.

Since you left 26 years ago...Rochester's on the verge of becoming an ghost town. Kodak isn't the same anymore. Rochester Products and Delco have changed too. Unemployment at all time high.

I dare to say one last thing...Monroe County's known as the Highest Tax Bracket in the Nation...Could you believe this ?.

Just don't move back here and enjoy that weather you got there. If I ever get pink slip or retire...It's going to be Buh-Bye, New York !.

Thorey

Old 12-15-2009, 07:15 AM
2of2
Road Warrior

Yeah, I left in 83 and things were bad then. I hear it has gotten worse. Plus, I have been out here so long that I can't imagine what it is like to not have year round riding. I'm not going anywhere!

Old 12-15-2009, 02:05 PM
jamesw
Road Warrior
Received 756 Likes on 278 Posts

My wife worked for Kodak for about 10 years, and is pretty familiar with the House of Guitars. Unfortunately her group was cut at the end of October; so no more trips to Rochester for her.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Likewise...

Not a native but been here since April 2007. Grew up in the Adirondacks outside Harrisville, NY. Have 112 acres near there. Adirondacks are a great ride. Enjoy your weather. I was up North Monday/Tuesday and wind chill was about -15. I drove my truck needless to say.
They did move an Anchor Bar into Rochester... haven't been there but plan to. Ride safe!

Quick Reply: Anyone from Rochester NY area?