Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Anyone from Rochester NY area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I8AGSXR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to RIT 1988 to 2001 lived on the corner of Monroe and Alexander not nice Arthur Shawcross lived two blocks down, I live in Watkins Glen now a little over an hour south, and I never knew you could get a hot dog at nicks but one hell of a garbage plate, I still have a signed paper plate from Nick Tahoe himself cheesburger plate with beans no onions extra sauce hell yeah, nothing like it at 2:30 a.m after a hard night at Red Creek playing volleyball and drinking Molsen, well except maby country sweet, two mixed sandwiches and fries. Damn I am hungry now.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok. Now I am starting to reminisce. I remember dirt bikes and snowmobiles, 4 seasons. I remember a six pack of Molsen and a pack of smokes for under 5 bucks and I was set for the night. You could get pulled over with beer in the car and not get a DUI. Pack up the car with some friends, food and beer and head out to Stoney Brook for the weekend. Jumping off the sand cliffs at Hamlin Beach. Jumping into the water at some quarry at midnight, don't even remember where that was. Climbing the railroad trestle at Letchworth. Yep, those were the days. It's a wonder I survived some of those nights. Great memories and great place to grow up but I gotta say moving to AZ was one of the best moves I ever made. Love it out here! Year round riding has it's value.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:02 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Yeah, Stony Brook State Park in Dansville....This is where I grew up in Wayland as a kid. Now, You couldn't climb up on the Railroad Tracks by Glen Iris Inn at Letchworth State Park anymore. They warded it off with chain link fence and a 'No Trespassing' sign as you'll be full prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Yup, Lots of good ol' days.

Frequent Corning, Hammondsport, Watkins Glen and Ithaca area just about every weekend cuz I love the Finger Lakes area. Lots of Places to stop by and browse especially walking/exercising in the State Park Gorges. Anyone who pays a visit in Watkins Glen should try out the restaurant called Seneca Harbor right at the South Tip of Seneca Lake next door to Captain Bill's. Sit out at the Open Balcony and Food's great.

Thorey

Old 01-27-2010, 01:30 AM
darksidebones
Cruiser

i live in corning little over an hour away from roc

Old 01-27-2010, 06:03 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

darksidebones, I recognize your avatar pix...The new HD Store in Painted Post. Damn, That store is huge.

Thorey

Old 02-04-2010, 01:16 PM
darksidebones
Cruiser

ur right it is the hd dealership in painted post and it is deffenatly huge

Old 02-04-2010, 08:39 PM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts

Been by the same dealership also in Painted Post, great facility, also run down to Rochester HD shop on Henrietta the odd time, and visit Cave Creek on occasion, but not with the bike yet, can't wait ! Both good areas, ride safe guys.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Bigbird
Tourer

I'm from the Albany area right now, but I'm moving to the Gennseo area this summer. Any good rides to take out that way? I'm a HUGE fan of Dinosaur BBQ but I'd like to find some other Gems to stop at.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:39 AM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigbird
I'm from the Albany area right now, but I'm moving to the Gennseo area this summer. Any good rides to take out that way? I'm a HUGE fan of Dinosaur BBQ but I'd like to find some other Gems to stop at.
Rochester has a number of towns along the canal with outside dining or views of the erie canal, Letchworth Park is an awesome canyon, all the finger lakes have wineries around them, Sodus Bay is an awesome summer destination with outside music and bars, Naples is a quaint town, and the hills around it fun to cruise in. Great Dealerships are Arkport, Gowanda, Harv's stay away from Cycle Stop... poor service and not customer friendly.