Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014 | 12:52 PM
Berardi3
|
Cruiser

Looking on the website the ultra classic low Is $ 1000.00 more than the standard ultra classic I am about 5 10 so I don't think I would have a problem with Flatfooting the bike my big concern would be the weight do they feel top heavy ?

Old 09-14-2014 | 02:20 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Berardi3
Looking on the website the ultra classic low Is $ 1000.00 more than the standard ultra classic I am about 5 10 so I don't think I would have a problem with Flatfooting the bike my big concern would be the weight do they feel top heavy ?
Yes the Ultras are a bit top heavy with the tour pack, higher laden seat height and close to 100 lbs heavier. But at 5'10" you should be able to handle it just fine once you get used to it. All touring bikes are the exact same bike with different trim packages. You just need to decide what is best for you and the type of riding you do most.

I heavily considered a Limited coming from a '12 Street Glide. I'm just under 6' so height is no issue for me. The deciding factor for me was.....my riding style and how I use the bike the most.

I ride mostly 2 up but do a lot of weekend 200 to 300 miles day trips. The Street Glide Special had the lower stance with a low profile 19" front tire with the much improved front end....big factor for aggressive handling characteristics. I am also not 100% sold on the water buffalo but am not at all opposed to it but....I didn't like the fact that I cannot remove the fairing lowers when I wanted to. Never cared for the looks of the lowers and it gets hot down here in the summers.

I also prefer the Street Glide trim of not much unnecessary chrome trim and unwanted bling. Lastly...I will eventually add a tour pack to my bike but will mostly have it in the garage unless on an extended ride longer than a day. I know I could install a detachable tour pack kit but that's an additional cost that I would want immediately....not so much the other way around.

I almost went the Limited route until I asked myself one last question....which bike would I have more fun riding solo OR 2 up. That was a very easy and quick answer....Street Glide. I can add all the Limited goodies as I need them on down the road, but the Street Glide Special has all of the options I wanted right now. And the SGS has the better Premium Ride Adjustable shocks that are standard equipment on the CVO's.

They are all the same bike when it comes down to it, just different trim levels to cater to your individual needs and preference. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose....just make sure you get the fairing you prefer. Good luck!

Old 09-14-2014 | 04:58 PM
RickDM
Road Master

Roger That may be offering the most objective feedback so far if you are the least bit concerned about ground clearance and the bike being top heavy. I too believe my Ultra to be a bit top heavy. I never had a street glide but did have a highly accessorized 2005 electra standard model with the detachable chopped tour pack , luggage rack and passenger back rest. In my opinion, it would do anything you asked it to do. Much of the fun of getting a new bike is during the time you spend making your decision. Take your time and really try to enjoy this part of your purchase.

Added a chopped tour pac, stage1, and detachable mounts to my 2005 standard model when it was purchased new.

Added Sony Radio with hidden antenna, gauges, mirrors, sundowner seat with a lower profile, Road glide bag supports, and finally a brand new Ultra Classic gas tank. Its not a street glide but close.

added detachable luggage rack and detachable passenger back rest. I loved this bike and it would do it all at that time in my life.

Old 09-14-2014 | 08:48 PM
Berardi3
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RickDM
Roger That may be offering the most objective feedback so far if you are the least bit concerned about ground clearance and the bike being top heavy. I too believe my Ultra to be a bit top heavy. I never had a street glide but did have a highly accessorized 2005 electra standard model with the detachable chopped tour pack , luggage rack and passenger back rest. In my opinion, it would do anything you asked it to do. Much of the fun of getting a new bike is during the time you spend making your decision. Take your time and really try to enjoy this part of your purchase.

Added a chopped tour pac, stage1, and detachable mounts to my 2005 standard model when it was purchased new.

Added Sony Radio with hidden antenna, gauges, mirrors, sundowner seat with a lower profile, Road glide bag supports, and finally a brand new Ultra Classic gas tank. Its not a street glide but close.

added detachable luggage rack and detachable passenger back rest. I loved this bike and it would do it all at that time in my life.
i like it looks nice

Old 09-15-2014 | 02:49 PM
Berardi3
|
Cruiser

I stopped by my local dealer today and have decided on a denim black road glide 2015

Old 09-15-2014 | 04:01 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Great choice, but mostly because it's YOUR choice! Now you'll have the platform you want and can build it into what you exactly want as you need/can afford. You're going to love the Rushmore!

Old 09-15-2014 | 06:30 PM
Berardi3
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Roger That
Great choice, but mostly because it's YOUR choice! Now you'll have the platform you want and can build it into what you exactly want as you need/can afford. You're going to love the Rushmore!
Can't wait all in all the looks are killer in my opinion . I talked to a biker today . He has owned 3 road glides and swears by them . Can't wait

Old 09-15-2014 | 07:47 PM
RickDM
Road Master

I also think you made an excellent choice. Congratulations! You have the perfect platform to go any direction your riding tastes take you. Share pictures when you can.

Wish you the very best!

Old 05-23-2015 | 11:10 PM
Berardi3
|
Cruiser

Now that I am currently considering a ultra classic low again I need to sell my sporty

Old 05-23-2015 | 11:21 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Berardi3
Now that I am currently considering a ultra classic low again I need to sell my sporty
Thought you were buying a R G last year ?

Quick Reply: Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low