Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KST 10 or 12 inch six bend

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 07:28 PM
jmatero
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I’m in the same boat. 5’9” and my back is killing me from leaning forward. Was looking at the 10” six bend but they recommended 12” so they can be tilted toward me. Said the 10” has little swing before they hit the tank. Also ordered the klockwerks back bar which gets great reviews so I’ll try them both.

Old 06-11-2022, 07:54 PM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,312 Likes on 2,940 Posts

I’m 6’3”. Started with 12’s. Old shoulders didn’t like them. Then installed 10’s. Much happier. KST Six Bend Kickers.

The following users liked this post:
Red89gt (03-04-2024)
Old 06-13-2022, 11:20 AM
jmatero
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Tried the Klock Werks and they are an improvement over the stock Street Glide bars, but still not far enough back. Also tried the 10" and 12" LA Choppers Twin Peaks and they have great wrist position and the 10" height felt great but even tiled closer to me as far as I could shy of them hitting the tank, they still weren't any closer than the stock bars so no real improvement in reach. The 12" twin peaks - again, when pulled down as much as they could, end up being closer to 10-11" high and acceptably close as far as reach so they're in the lead. Now I have the 10" and 12" KST Six Bend Kickers on the way to compare. Has anyone else compared the LA Choppers to the KST and have feedback? It's really annoying that most bars designed to reduce the reach on Batwing models use extreme pullback with terrible wrist angles.

Old 06-13-2022, 11:33 AM
devron55
Advanced
Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jmatero
Tried the Klock Werks and they are an improvement over the stock Street Glide bars, but still not far enough back. Also tried the 10" and 12" LA Choppers Twin Peaks and they have great wrist position and the 10" height felt great but even tiled closer to me as far as I could shy of them hitting the tank, they still weren't any closer than the stock bars so no real improvement in reach. The 12" twin peaks - again, when pulled down as much as they could, end up being closer to 10-11" high and acceptably close as far as reach so they're in the lead. Now I have the 10" and 12" KST Six Bend Kickers on the way to compare. Has anyone else compared the LA Choppers to the KST and have feedback? It's really annoying that most bars designed to reduce the reach on Batwing models use extreme pullback with terrible wrist angles.
I'm interested in your results (and pics) as I am looking at a better fit. I got 10 in LA apes and they could be back a bit more and I hesitate to go 12 in as I don't want my hands above the fairing.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:38 AM
CRUNCHYTACO
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Grmullins62
Anybody have any experience with these bars and pulling them back slightly towards the rider. I am wanting to keep my hands as much as possible behind the fairing and purchased the 10 inch version but haven't installed them yet. I have contacted KST and they are recommending the 12 inch bar if I'm wanting to pull them back some. I've seen some pictures and videos of the 10 inch installed and they look like they are pretty much up close to the fairing without much or any pullback toward the rider. Also the 12 inch installed but they look pretty much above the fairing. Any input and possible pictures would be greatly appreciated.
GRmullins62,

I just put in an order for the 12 inch KST Patriot Baggers. I will attach a picture to this thread once I get them installed. I'm 5'9" and I am looking to pull them back so I can be more comfortable. The patriots are 34" wide with 6.5" pullback and the 6 bends are 36" with 6 inches pullback.

Regards,
CT

2014 FHLTK - Ultra Limited

Old 08-29-2022, 08:35 AM
devron55
Advanced
Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by CRUNCHYTACO
GRmullins62,

I just put in an order for the 12 inch KST Patriot Baggers. I will attach a picture to this thread once I get them installed. I'm 5'9" and I am looking to pull them back so I can be more comfortable. The patriots are 34" wide with 6.5" pullback and the 6 bends are 36" with 6 inches pullback.

Regards,
CT

2014 FHLTK - Ultra Limited
CT, I saw those as well. Curious to see what they look like.

The following users liked this post:
Udawg (06-21-2023)
Old 08-29-2022, 09:16 AM
FLHTPatrick
Tourer
Received 184 Likes on 112 Posts

I have the 10" KST 6 Bend bars. I can verify that you have to keep them up against the inner fairing without too much tilt back as they will get into the tank. There is very little adjustment front to back. That being said, my hands are right at the top of the fairing. I feel the wind just a hair bit on the tops of my hands.

The following 2 users liked this post by FLHTPatrick:
rauchman (07-04-2023), Udawg (06-15-2023)
Old 09-06-2022, 01:23 PM
CRUNCHYTACO
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default KST 12" Patriot Baggers installed

Hello Everyone,

I was able to put my new bars on over the weekend. Overall it was not too difficult. The only thing I would have possibly done differently is order the wire extensions from KST for the hand controls. Factory 47 has a good install video that shows how to re-route the original hand control wires from the front of the fairing to the back of the fairing where the handlebar risers are. It requires you to completely remove the fairing so it's a little more work. I did order and put on the heated grip extensions though and they still work well. I followed the KST street glide install video. I was able to get more pullback and a much more comfortable riding position from these bars over the stock bars. I was on the fence about going with 10" or 12" but I'm glad I went with 12". The Harley polyurethane riser bushings are a bit taller than the stock rubber bushings. I did have to cut away the bottom of the inner fairing and the sides or ignition cover with an air grinder with a carbide burr tool to get the fairing and ignition cover to mount back properly without interference from the bigger bar diameter. Here are some pictures of them installed on my 2014 Ultra Limited. The entire job took me about 6 hours.

Best Regards,

CT - 2014 FHLTK

Attached Thumbnails KST  10 or 12 inch six bend-patriot-baggers.jpg   KST  10 or 12 inch six bend-patriot-baggers-2.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by CRUNCHYTACO:
johndoe297 (09-06-2022), rauchman (07-04-2023), Udawg (06-15-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 09:49 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Texcuda
My wife is 5'3" and I put 12" Six Bend Kickers on her Tri-Glide. She loves them! For what it is worth, I am 6' tall and I have no issues using them when I jump on her trike for a quick spin.
At 5'3" doesn't she have a problem with the width of the bars (36") over the stock ones (30")? I'm only 5'9" and worry the 36" wide would be a stretch for me when making turns.

Old 06-15-2023, 02:20 PM
Black Ultra
Road Master
Received 598 Likes on 312 Posts

Take a look at the Khrome Werks bars. I was wanting to do about the same as what you describe. A little higher and little closer to me. The Khrome Werks did exactly what I wanted and keep my hands behind the fairing. I'm 6'2" and put an extended reach seat that moved me 2" back. made the leg angles much better, but the bars were a bit low and too far away.

Quick Reply: KST 10 or 12 inch six bend