Sponsored by:

New GTS S/W released today

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 06:36 PM
Doug Maurer
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New GTS S/W released today

For those with GTS infotainment systems HD released another software update today.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...m-box-gts.html

version MY21.20.22.00

The following users liked this post:
Boat Racer (06-29-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 07:09 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Installed it today. No clue what the changes are. Just hope they fixed more than they messed up.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:24 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Installed it today. No clue what the changes are. Just hope they fixed more than they messed up.
What is it that you think needs fixed? Did you report it to HD BOOM! customer care? I had an issue with the radio, I reported it, they took the report, called me back and confirming the issue, said issue was corrected in the next update. It took awhile for the issue to be corrected, but it was also awhile between the time I made the report and the time the update was put out.

If you don't report the issue it isn't going to get fixed.

load97 (07-21-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 10:01 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,837 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
What is it that you think needs fixed? Did you report it to HD BOOM! customer care? I had an issue with the radio, I reported it, they took the report, called me back and confirming the issue, said issue was corrected in the next update. It took awhile for the issue to be corrected, but it was also awhile between the time I made the report and the time the update was put out.

I think most would want fixed whatever this update breaks... they have a long history to doing that.

Old 06-28-2020, 11:03 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
I think most would want fixed whatever this update breaks... they have a long history to doing that.
That’s seems like a pretty standard answer for stuff around here. Complain about it, but do nothing to help resolve it. If you’re running into an issue report it.

load97 (07-21-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 11:59 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

That’s seems like a pretty standard answer for stuff around here. Complain about it, but do nothing to help resolve it. If you’re running into an issue report it.
Yeah. still haven't fixed all that we complained about for years and it was reported plenty. Really glad you had some success in your issue. What was it anyway?

Last edited by lp; 06-28-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:43 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
Yeah. still haven't fixed all that we complained about for years and it was reported plenty. Really glad you had some success in your issue. What was it anyway?
All Passenger Headset volumes dropped to 0 every time the bike was shut off. The slider would stay as if it saved the volume but it would default to 0. It was fixed with the MY21.20.17.00 update.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:20 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Lets see, 7 months of complaining every month to customer car about the iPhone 11 Pro not being able to make phone calls on the boom system...Fixed a month ago. Distance to next turn, 9 months of complaining, still not fixed. Next turn freezing on display screen, 7 months of complaining still not fixed. Phone rings, you ignore the call, music does not come back on, you have to go select music source again..The list goes on.

Hell they are still trying to fix bugs from the new head unit in 2014..,

Harley does not do software well at all, fix two times and screw up one...

I have and do report issues. Harley is not good at fixing them. Harley has been going down hill, and its getting worse each year.

I'm on my 4th set of front break rotors on my 19 CVO, and the set on is warping again. **** quality. I have run 6 CVO bikes over 45K miles and never replaced a rotor.

Sounds like you are a Harley MoCo fan.....

eqcons (08-03-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Lets see, 7 months of complaining every month to customer car about the iPhone 11 Pro not being able to make phone calls on the boom system...Fixed a month ago. Distance to next turn, 9 months of complaining, still not fixed. Next turn freezing on display screen, 7 months of complaining still not fixed. Phone rings, you ignore the call, music does not come back on, you have to go select music source again..The list goes on.

Hell they are still trying to fix bugs from the new head unit in 2014..,

Harley does not do software well at all, fix two times and screw up one...
The iPhone 11 thing is fixed now so it is what it is. They were released around the same time so I can see why it was an issue. Did it take a while to fix, yes.
The next turn issues I haven't seen. It works on mine.
Ignoring a call...I've had that issue before, but it seems to have been fixed two updates ago.

I wish they would post the update notes again. It'd be nice to know what was addressed.

I have and do report issues. Harley is not good at fixing them. Harley has been going down hill, and its getting worse each year.

I'm on my 4th set of front break rotors on my 19 CVO, and the set on is warping again. **** quality. I have run 6 CVO bikes over 45K miles and never replaced a rotor.

Sounds like you are a Harley MoCo fan.....
I'll say this...Harley has posted more radio update then Chrysler has in the last two years.

I'm having a intermittent issue with CarPlay now where the icon will come up but when I click it CarPlay is not opening up. I end up having to unplug the phone and plugging it back in. I'll call them today and report it.

As far as being a fan, I guess so. I wouldn't want another bike, and it would kind of make me foolish to keep buying something I don't like wouldn't it?

Old 06-29-2020, 09:32 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

No worries Dave. Craig is going to report all these issues and they will get fixed. No sense complaining about them - Craig's got it. We've been doing it wrong this entire time..

Last edited by lp; 06-29-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: New GTS S/W released today