Sponsored by:

Green GPS screen

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Morgan2014
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green GPS screen

2014 ultra CVO. Navigation screen is green, Harley says they have never seen that before so the replaced the radio. The new radio GPS screen is also green did all up dates an upgraded maps. Still green. Anyone have an answer why or how to change it to gray like all the other GPS screens

Old 11-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 17,389 Likes on 7,095 Posts

Post #1

Hmmm should read the manual. You set the color. Red, Green, Blue, Gray, etc.

Are you the same guy from the Indian forum that keeps coming here asking stupid questions every time with a new screen name! Must be 13 years old.

Go back home!

Old 11-21-2017, 07:21 PM
Morgan2014
1st Gear
Default green screen

If you read the question it says GPS screen. I know you can change appearance but that has nothing to do with GPS. And no I'm not how you think. Just went to this form for help. Great welcome.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Morgan2014
1st Gear
Default green screen

If you read the question it says GPS screen. I know you can change appearance but that has nothing to do with GPS. And no I'm not how you think. Just went to this form for help. Great welcome.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:32 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,786 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Morgan2014 - Welcome.

I have never heard of a green GPS screen. If the first one was green and Harley installed another and that too is green, it does tell me that something is indeed wrong - and my bet is Harley will look into this.

Curious - how long have you had the bike and when did it turn green. Was any other work being done on the Boom or bike?

Old 11-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 578 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Morgan2014
Never been on a forum huh?

Etiquette would be an introduction first. We get a ton of first question posts & most are trolls trying to stir up ****.

As for your question: The GPS screen color is dynamic & changes with terrain/area. Many places out west will be cream or yellow. If you have 2014 & have never traveled enough to see the GPS change, I could understand.

However, claiming the dealer replaced the radio because the GPS screen is green? I call BS!

Old 11-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Morgan2014
1st Gear

Yes I have ridden through different areas and yes the screen does change. But the standard color is Green. I ride with a friend that has the same bike. When we go into a town both screens go brown when we're around water there blue. But when his goes gray like everyone else mine goes green. You can think what you want but Tifton Harley just changed the radio last week and has spoken to Harley tec. Services many times. Just didn't know if anyone else has seen this.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Morgan2014 - Welcome.

I have never heard of a green GPS screen. If the first one was green and Harley installed another and that too is green, it does tell me that something is indeed wrong - and my bet is Harley will look into this.

Curious - how long have you had the bike and when did it turn green. Was any other work being done on the Boom or bike?
Don. It's BS. H-D authorizing a replacement 6.5GT because the GPS screen is green? Not likely. If he looked at the H-D site Boom! Infotainment System Reference Guide, he would actually had seen an example of a green GPS screen:

Old 11-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Morgan2014
Yes I have ridden through different areas and yes the screen does change. But the standard color is Green. I ride with a friend that has the same bike. When we go into a town both screens go brown when we're around water there blue. But when his goes gray like everyone else mine goes green. You can think what you want but Tifton Harley just changed the radio last week and has spoken to Harley tec. Services many times. Just didn't know if anyone else has seen this.
So now we know your GPS screen isn't always green. Your first post was not accurate.
What other pertinent details omitted?
  • Do you have XM radio & XM Weather subscription? (You stated it's a CVO.)
  • What map DB is installed?
  • Is the map DB in the new radio the same as the old radio?
  • What software version are you running?
  • Has the GPS screen behaved the same since new? (If so, that's a long time to have the problem w/o addressing it.)
  • How did you get MoCo to replace the radio on a bike outside its' 2 yr warranty period?
  • Has H-D sent a field tech to look at the issue?
  • You said your friend has the same bike. Is it also a CVO Limited?

Lots of open questions pertinent to suggestions to resolve the issue.

Last edited by Hammz; 11-21-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Morgan2014
1st Gear

Sure am sorry I signed up on this site. Man the guys I ride with are alway willing to help a brother rider out, but your just an *** hole with no answers with an attitude, just wasting my time.

Quick Reply: Green GPS screen