Sponsored by:

Kendon 2 place trailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Bubbak
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kendon 2 place trailer

I am looking at a Kendon 2 up trailer. I would be towing a 14 Ultra Limited and a Kawasaki Voyager 1700. Anyone with any experience towing these? Kendon says no problem, would like some real world input. Thanks Bob

Old 07-13-2017, 02:13 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbak
I am looking at a Kendon 2 up trailer. I would be towing a 14 Ultra Limited and a Kawasaki Voyager 1700. Anyone with any experience towing these? Kendon says no problem, would like some real world input. Thanks Bob
I have the single trailer and love it. It is the model that compresses when riding up to prevent bottoming out. I too have a '14 Ultra. A buddy of mine has the double. My buddy has a Fat Boy [I think] and a Street Glide. Naturally, the first thing you should check is that you are not exceeding the towing weight of the double. I'm guessing your 2 bikes will be fine. An added bonus, evidently because of the type of suspension on the double, it can be safely loaded and remain balanced with only 1 bike. I believe Kendon suggests loading on the left side due to more potholes normally being toward the curb-side of most roadways. My buddy hauls 1 bike on his double quite often and has never had a problem [except having his license plate fall off due to his own screw-up].

Old 07-13-2017, 03:21 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Just picked up a 2015 dual kendon. Loaded a 15 Ultra and a 16 RGU. Went on a test run with the bikes in tow because we trailer to denver in two weeks. The darn thing is true and just glides along. I have zero worries. Now, if I could just get used to loading the darn bikes....sure it will come in time. Is yours a ride up?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Bubbak
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kendon

Looking at a couple used ones. We live in Michigan and want to go to Colorado next summer also. Usually we ride but don't have time, so will trailer.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:47 PM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

I had a Kendon 2 up that I hauled a 09 Ultra and my wife's Chopper..towed great , liked the folding up feature and roll away storage..the hardest trailer to load,never felt comfortable loading it and finally sold it

Old 07-13-2017, 09:02 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Haul 2 SGS on mine no problem. Great trailers.

You'll be just fine

Old 07-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

I have an '03 single, and is still the best trailer I've ever seen. I absolutely love mine. Stands up in you garage, and only takes up 26" of space.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:42 AM
dentdave
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a kendon dual trailer for sale in south Fl. asking $2500 OBO

Kendon Dual Stand-up Folding trailer with an extra rail installed for hauling a large bike in the center position for better balance or 3 smaller dirt bikes, this trailer can easily handle 2 large adventure, Harley Davidson's or Goldwing's.

A new trailer like this would cost with the extra center rail and rock guard nearly $4000

Also amiable a tri fold aluminum ramp for a extra fee

Trailer has the extra center rail, LED lights, front rock guard and a matching spare tire and load ramp that fastens below the deck out of the way. ( or easy tri fold ramp ,,extra )

Very easy to load and pulls beautifully at highway speed.

Condition: is excellent 8.5 to 9 of 10
No damage, the tires are have 90%+ tread left (trailer has approximately 8,000 miles on it.
Stored in garage at all times.

Attached Thumbnails Kendon 2 place trailer-s-l1600-1-.jpg   Kendon 2 place trailer-s-l1600-3-.jpg  
Old 07-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Two Lane Tramp
Road Master
Received 346 Likes on 180 Posts

I have owned 2 of these great trailers. Both were 2 up but have only used for 1 bike at a time. I paid 450.00 for my current one but it was used. The only suggestion I would make is to keep ball hitch as low as possible. They track much better when level.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:28 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Two Lane Tramp
I have owned 2 of these great trailers. Both were 2 up but have only used for 1 bike at a time. I paid 450.00 for my current one but it was used. The only suggestion I would make is to keep ball hitch as low as possible. They track much better when level.
But not too low. The instructions on mine were to have the hitch at 21". Which, as you suggest, is probably the point that the bed is level. Also, if the bed is too high, the bike wants to roll out of the chock and it puts undue strain on the forward tie-downs. If the best I can do is to get the hitch at 20" or 22", I opt for a slight down orientation - this uses gravity to aid in holding the bike forward.

Quick Reply: Kendon 2 place trailer