Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Paint Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016 | 05:37 PM
Nickblink
Tourer

Originally Posted by zz2h33
my bike isnt a cvo but a limited custom paint set. I've gotten mixed info from different dealers but i'm fairly confident in the info i got from my parts guy that these custom paint sets are designed but actually not painted by harley. They use a contracted paint shop which are locked down very tight with legal non-disclosure agreements. I'm not sure if this is the case with their cvo paint sets. I can tell you that the quality at least on my bike is top notch, no orange peel, sags, etc. It is damn near flawless and i think whomever painted it did a great job!

I used that Bike Paint Style to paint my bike. I used House of Kolor paint.

Attached Thumbnails Harley Paint Jobs-image2.jpg   Harley Paint Jobs-image3.jpg   Harley Paint Jobs-image4.jpg   Harley Paint Jobs-image5.jpg   Harley Paint Jobs-image6.jpg  

Harley Paint Jobs-image7.jpg  

Last edited by Nickblink; 10-03-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2016 | 05:46 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JMC22
I'll agree to disagree - not sure what your term of early sale is but GF bought a mint - 2013 CVO RK with only 6k miles for $20,000 in the Spring of this year - retail new was $30,000, a $10,000 - 1/3 loss in just over 2 yrs is a big loss in my book
Better than the nearly 1/2 loss you take trading in a standard bike after two years. I mean daily people are offered 16K for a 28K$ bike with 4K miles on it.

My friend just traded his 06 CVO for 17K. The bike had 60K miles on it. Can't explain it.

Old 10-03-2016 | 05:54 PM
Iron25
Road Captain

as much as i'd love to get a CVO, the paint just doesn't do it for me. Way too busy

Old 10-03-2016 | 05:56 PM
plongson
Road Master

Look at it this way, there good deals and not so goo deals made everyday. Someone may score big on a used CVO and the next poor sap pays way too much. As far as good deals go, it ALSO depends on which side of the table you're sitting.

I'm just saying a CVO TYPICALLY has better resale value than a non-CVO.

Old 10-03-2016 | 07:05 PM
SE120RG
Road Master

My bike isnt a CVO but a limited custom paint set. I've gotten mixed info from different dealers but I'm fairly confident in the info I got from my parts guy that these custom paint sets are designed but actually not painted by harley. They use a contracted paint shop which are locked down very tight with legal non-disclosure agreements. I'm not sure if this is the case with their CVO paint sets. I can tell you that the quality at least on my bike is top notch, no orange peel, sags, etc. It is damn near flawless and I think whomever painted it did a great job!

you are correct, CVO's and the limited paint sets are painted by GunSlingers in Colorado

you can definitely tell the difference between a mass production paint job done by the factory and the paint sets done by GunSlinger. My 16 CVO SG is damn near perfect.

Old 10-03-2016 | 11:58 PM
muddmann
Tourer

These are some damn nice looking bikes. You guys have some really good taste.

Old 10-04-2016 | 05:57 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

IIRC, GunSlinger and one other company did some contract work for the MoCo.

On a side note:
My sled for the CVOs in 2009 (and any other year) was one of the least produced color schemes. 519 Total world wide and only 369 for the US.

I'm stoked, because not everyone can handle the "FASTEST COLOR!"

YB

Attached Thumbnails Harley Paint Jobs-image.jpeg  
Old 10-04-2016 | 06:55 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

I wonder what would happen if they offered a CVO in plain ol' vivid black?

Folks who just want all those additional goodies for what they are without the gaudy "Look at me, I can afford a CVO" paint job might go for something like that.

Old 10-04-2016 | 07:01 AM
talkingrock
Road Warrior

or maybe a denim ?

Old 10-04-2016 | 07:20 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member

My bike isnt a CVO but a limited custom paint set. I've gotten mixed info from different dealers but I'm fairly confident in the info I got from my parts guy that these custom paint sets are designed but actually not painted by harley. They use a contracted paint shop which are locked down very tight with legal non-disclosure agreements. I'm not sure if this is the case with their CVO paint sets. I can tell you that the quality at least on my bike is top notch, no orange peel, sags, etc. It is damn near flawless and I think whomever painted it did a great job!

Good looking bike. I saw a set of those tins up close and personal on a bike in the dealership last week and it is beautiful. It was a custom job by the dealership, they used those tins and an assortment of add ons. The only thing I did not like on their version was the powdercoated rims. I know everyone has different taste but the white rims just did not do it for me. Here is the one I saw. The rim choice on yours as well as the blacked forks work much better IMHO

As to the OP my take on the CVO paint decisions is that you have to take into account you have a group of folks making a decision that they think will appeal to a wide range of folks. Some folks will like it some wont, no different than the decisions for which colors to use on each model every year.

Quick Reply: Harley Paint Jobs