Sponsored by:

Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 09:55 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 593 Likes on 359 Posts

Advan B bags. No complaints here.

Last edited by HD_fan; 12-14-2017 at 09:57 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by HD_fan:
Johnny Goodlife (03-30-2018), Lopro (12-15-2017), roadpop (12-16-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 06:30 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Mounted bags last night very happy. I will need to do some fine tuning , exhaust is pretty close on right side. I'll loosen up the muffler to see what happens. Did run into problem when trying to install fender extension. No matter what I did I couldn't get my tribar light in. Sent a message to Advan customer service ,literally less than two minutes got a reply from Sam. He had me send a picture of fitment, again a minute later I get a response. They are sending me a replacement extension. Apparently i ordered mine before a revised mold was released that is supposed to address the fitment issue so I am on hold for now. Salt on the road anyway so I wasn't going anywhere on bike. That's the kind of customer service that should be standard in all industries. Looking forward to seeing the new part and completing my install.

The following users liked this post:
roadpop (12-16-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

tbrince are you installing on a Street Glide or Ultra Limited and how is the harness matching up

Old 12-16-2017, 07:49 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Received 464 Likes on 355 Posts

uh oh...not what I wanted to hear on the extension fitment. I was going to pull the trigger Monday on the bags and extension together.
subscribed for the outcome and the item number for the "revised" extension.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:02 PM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

I going to get the CVO fender and stretched bags..I think by the time I purchase the light and figure out the wiring for the extension and the extension isn’t really made for the Ultra..plus I think the fender will look good on the Ultra and it’s a plug and play..little more $$$ but should look sharp

Old 12-18-2017, 07:58 AM
Oko
Club Member
Received 4,225 Likes on 1,563 Posts

Originally Posted by mag11581
Is the color match dead on? I have a 2016 ultra limited in mysterious sun glow/velocity red sun glow. Been thinking about a painted inner fairing.
As long as I'm putting it out there, what color should I do it? The darker red or the lighter red?
I have the same color scheme. I'd go with the darker mysterious sun glow for the inner fairing. That's the color for the top of the bike. The velocity red is the bottom color.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:06 AM
Oko
Club Member
Received 4,225 Likes on 1,563 Posts

Hello AdvanBlack - I have a 2016 ultra limited in mysterious sun glow/velocity red , with the orange-ish pinstripe. Can I get the extended side bags in those colors? The mysterious sun glow is above the pinstripe. The velocity red is below.
And lastly, would it have the pinstripe?
Thanks in advance for those answers.

And as an aside, any HD forum members have these bags on an '16 Ultra? If so, can you post a photo?

Old 12-18-2017, 07:29 PM
tbrince
Tourer

14 Streetglide so no wire issues. I considered the CVO fender, love the look , but budget dictated otherwise. I have other mods rolling around in my head so I am trying to pick and choose wisely. I'll post when I get an item number for new extension.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:38 PM
tbrince
Tourer

I should mention that Sam from Advan said the tribar should fit but might take some tweaking, didn't want to experiment so will wait for replacement. Don't forget HD5% will get you a discount. When ordered from Advan

Old 01-04-2018, 08:20 AM
Lopro
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lopro
Just pulled the trigger on extended bags and the CVO style fender from Advanblack went through a dealer on Ebay better prices . Will give the run down once the parts arrive .
OK received the bags , they were wrapped very well and I was very happy when I pulled them from the bags , paint is spot on no marks , and was an easy fit , had to put some rubber between the bags and the bracket to get the bottom of the bags away from the Screaming Eagle emblems on the mufflers, it will not be noticeable once I put the CVO Fender on when it arrives. Other than that they fit great and match perfect. I need to strip them back off to have the denim black added and striped , the bike is a two tone , Denim Charcoal and Denim Black.

Attached Thumbnails Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags-kimg0144.jpg  

Quick Reply: Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags