Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 08:57 AM
CaptainRob7
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really debating on these, friend of mine just ordered some so I am waiting on them to come in and check them out in person

Old 07-01-2017, 08:01 AM
k2rsx
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine just cleared customs so I'd imagine I'll have them by the end of this upcoming work week. I ordered the 2 into 1 bags, which I haven't seen any pictures of yet so I'll be sure to report back.

The following users liked this post:
Maddog94 (07-01-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 08:19 AM
mag11581
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jonly
if you want detailed pictures of something in particular, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate, but they're really a match for the stock hd hardbags.
Is the color match dead on? I have a 2016 ultra limited in mysterious sun glow/velocity red sun glow. Been thinking about a painted inner fairing.
As long as I'm putting it out there, what color should I do it? The darker red or the lighter red?

Old 07-05-2017, 02:09 AM
k2rsx
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Overall, pleased. Everything mounted up good. One lid takes a little extra time to latch, but I'm sure I can play around with it to get it back to normal. Paint looks good, in the right light you can see little dimples but nothing extreme. Happy customer. Just need a fender extension now!

Old 07-05-2017, 04:38 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

[QUOTE=k2rsx;16401818]Overall, pleased. Everything mounted up good. One lid takes a little extra time to latch, but I'm sure I can play around with it to get it back to normal. Paint looks good, in the right light you can see little dimples but nothing extreme. Happy customer. Just need a fender extension now!

Looks Nice! I had the same issue with the Bad Dad bags and stock lids latching. I took the bag off, closed and latched the lid then loosened and re-tightened the hinge screws. It helped.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by k2rsx
Overall, pleased. Everything mounted up good. One lid takes a little extra time to latch, but I'm sure I can play around with it to get it back to normal. Paint looks good, in the right light you can see little dimples but nothing extreme. Happy customer. Just need a fender extension now!

I'm sorry but I can see at first glance that the paint on those bags are terrible. In your side shot you can see how the bags are a different hue of black from the rest of the bike. And in the shot of the rear of the bike you can see the reflection of the cloud on the fender looks like a mirror while on the bags it looks muted and terribly orange peeled.

looks like these are not for me.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:22 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

I think the bike and the bags look good, especially at the price point. Plus I already got 50 shades of black going on couple more wont matter...

Old 07-11-2017, 08:22 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

Personally I thing it is all due to angles. The upper curved part has clear clouds but the lower and filler reflections look the same as the bags.
Looks Awesome my friend.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by barrygreen
Personally I thing it is all due to angles. The upper curved part has clear clouds but the lower and filler reflections look the same as the bags.
Looks Awesome my friend.
I disagree but that being said it does look like one of the better aftermarket sets out there. i am too @n@l to put them on my ride but they are a reasonable choice for others. i would however probably use their lower fairings since those aren't so in your face as the saddle bags.

just my $.02

Old 07-11-2017, 04:50 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
I disagree but that being said it does look like one of the better aftermarket sets out there. i am too @n@l to put them on my ride but they are a reasonable choice for others. i would however probably use their lower fairings since those aren't so in your face as the saddle bags.

just my $.02
After a second look on my PC and not my phone I will have to say I would complain about the left bag for sure.
I bought the lowers in Amber Whiskey and they look really good.But I did have to replace the latch mechanism with the HD ones, kept popping open.

Quick Reply: Advan Black color matched extended saddlebags