Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you hate your Rushmore?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 06:59 AM
junglejoe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are a little over rated, My opinion.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:03 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Respectfully, the Rushmore bikes are far superior to your 2011 LQQK_OUT. The Twin-Cooled 103 is substantially more stout than your 96. Do a Stage 1, and it's even more so. The front suspension (which includes larger tubes and a better upper tree) is night-and-day better than the older bikes. The brakes are also a quantum leap forward. No matter what anyone says, the new bags are bigger and easier to use. And then there's the better airflow.

You want Twin-Cooling and glove boxes? Get a Road Glide and have both.

I'll be blunt; I didn't expect to like this bike as much as I do. Every time I throw a leg over it, I'm just blown away with how good of a bike it is. At Stage 1 it's quicker than my CVO Ultra was. It handles and brakes better, even with the CCE triple tree and JRI shocks my CVO had.

To each their own, and understanding that people will naturally defend what they have, but.....This '16 RGU is the best Harley I've ridden, and it gives some stiff competition to other brands as well.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:56 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
I'm also not convinced the new tour-pak and saddlebags are much larger. In fact, I've been told that one can fit more beer in the older version tour-pak.

What does it take to convince you? Will facts work?

Fact is, the new Chopped tourpak has a higher capacity than the old KING tourpak

I don't know how the old one could hold more beer.... without the pad on it, you can place the old one INSIDE the new one.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Womack
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sporacer
Rushmores are the best bikes Harley has produced. The only people that don't like them never owned one.
Couldn't have said it any better.
I have had my 2015 Roadglide Special for 14 months now and 25,000+ miles later, the bike has been spot on perfect. I am very happy with the new Rushmore bikes for sure. I say pull the trigger and get yourself a new 2016 RGU.
Swomack

Old 12-16-2015, 01:39 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

I upgraded to a 14 Limited for two primary reasons. 1. The water cooled heads. It's more than a comfort issue, it makes for a better motor IMHO. Keeping the hottest part of the motor at optimum temps allows for higher compression without pinging. 2. The linked ABS brakes, could save your rear end. They work magnificentlly. All the other improvements are icing on the cake, and they too are significant. The only real shortcoming I found is the stock suspension. Now that I have made that upgrade I have the bike of my dreams.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:45 PM
MorrisGray
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question for you here? ...

Originally Posted by AHDMD
I Love my 2015 RGS and do not regret upgrading from my 1999 Electra Glide. The 103ci is amazing compared to my 88ci and it handles a million times better. I wanted a Road Glide Ultra but I couldn't wait another year so I made mine an Ultra.
Is it less expensive to buy the new 2016 RGU than to buy the RGS and make it like a RGU?

Old 12-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 658 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by MorrisGray
Is it less expensive to buy the new 2016 RGU than to buy the RGS and make it like a RGU?
The difference in price between the two is a couple thousand give or take. If it is even possible to add twin cooling to the RGS , you couldn't do it for anywhere near the cost difference.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:31 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,655 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Facts work. Do you consider something you read on the Internet or catalog a fact? Did you actually measure the new Tour-Pak?

FYI, the 2014 Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories catalog you pulled your jpeg picture out of has an error and was corrected in subsequent catalogs.
I'm assuming that the more vertical design of the older tour-pak is what allows more beer to fit in it. Note: I did not personally test this, but was informed by someone who did. Just because a container has more space, does not necessarily mean it has more "usable" space.

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
I'm also not convinced the new tour-pak and saddlebags are much larger. In fact, I've been told that one can fit more beer in the older version tour-pak.
Originally Posted by SafetyMan
What does it take to convince you? Will facts work?

Fact is, the new Chopped tourpak has a higher capacity than the old KING tourpak

I don't know how the old one could hold more beer.... without the pad on it, you can place the old one INSIDE the new one.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:20 AM
Davidson Harley
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MorrisGray
I looked at this exact same option. Really had my heart set on a RG after test riding a 2015 RGS. The new RG faring is a fricking piece of engineering genius! If you have never sat behind one at 80mph on a windy day, you can not truly appreciate them. Its pretty much indescribable. I used to think the shark front an incredibly ugly hunk a plastic hanging on a bike, I have to admit after owning it now I look at it like a curvy sexy tall high class hooker in a tight elegant black dress, pearls, 5 inch heels with an *** that would make a dead man....you get the idea. But my wife was totally used to the easy chair ride of an ultra back seat. So I looked at tour packs and brackets, then there would have to be speakers ect ect ect. By the time I added all this up, I was way past the price of a new limited. Then the 16 RG Ultra arrived! I stuck my wife on the back of one for a test ride, and she pulled the trigger! I love this bike and I love that woman. I also gotta say I used to think between the 88 TC I was riding and the new stock 103's there really did not seem like that much difference. Yes the 103 had more power obviously and better low end torque, but my 88 did ok. Well let me tell ya, between that 88 TC and this 103 HO water cooled the difference is amazing. Between 50 to 80 mph through 4 and 5th gear the roll on on this bike is frickin breath taking. Pop her into 6th and cruise down the highway at 80 mph running with Florida interstate traffic, your running 2100 RPM's. Putting at 80, my wet dream! Oh and yes I went with that really cool New Harley vivid black color. my budget had already been hammered to smithereens! At this point yes pennies mattered! Besides that none of the other colors really grabbed me.

Last edited by Davidson Harley; 12-17-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:31 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,359 Likes on 5,499 Posts

I have the 2016 RGU. Traded my 2013 RGU First reason miles I ride mine. The Rushmore adds up to a lot of changes. Not that the 2103 was bad just the 2016 is better.
The High out put 103 off the show room would smoke my 2013 103 even with a good stage 1 and tune.
The wet head is great.
As for the bags the tour pack hold more, the saddle back a little less. I travel with mine and can not pack the same gear in the saddle bags on the Rushmore I could on the 2013. I do however like the way they open.
The 2016 handles noticeably better in every way
Daymarkers it just don't get any better.
Linked brakes work
Infor center while not prefect all works well for me, does more than I need.
I ride a RGU Rushmore so more changes to that bike than others. The redesigned faring works well and the new bars are outstanding. The location of Rushmore controls takes a bit of retraining but work well and are well laid out.
Hyd clutch works well and smooth, took some getting use to.
Moving the turn signals and adding more rear light to tour pack a big plus IMO.
There is nothing I do not like about my Rushmore. That does not mean the 2103 was a bad ride , it was great served me well. To acknowledge change is good is not trashing the old. I still enjoy riding my 96 FB but it is no where near the bike the 2016 is.
The Rushmore is the first one I have not felt a need to change exhaust and intake right away. Sounds good stock. I did swap out the header at about 3k Fuel moto 2-1-2.
Just don't like CAT's , kept stock pipes for now.
Changes I would like to see Headset that is wireless. The GPS is no big deal for me but if it is going to have one it could be better. Radio is great however needs more volume for us older riders with 30-40% hearing loss at highway speeds.
Hate my Rushmore , Not in anyway it is what I expected and more.

Quick Reply: Do you hate your Rushmore?