Sponsored by:

Please help with handlebars...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 10:32 AM
MDSledhead
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Please help with handlebars...

I cannot decide what bars to get... I replaced the stock bars with khrome werks 2+2 as many have done. But they are just too close for me, even when pushed all the way to the faring (FLHTK). The height is perfect. Would like a bit less wrist angle.

I've talked to three dealers - not much help.

One dealer suggested Jaffee Classic Bagger 10" while the other suggested the HD Tallboy Bars.

Does anyone have either of these installed? The HD site says that the tallboy bars are 1.5" higher and 2" further from the rider (which I really don't understand because there isn't any angle in the upright).

The Jaffee Classic Bagger does angle forward.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has either of these installed... pictures would be great.

Thanks.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:37 PM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe the Khrome Werks +2 Sweepers instead of the 2+2's. As far as wrist angle, I have the 2+2 Sweepers in the wide model and love the wrist angle.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:38 PM
MDSledhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nchogfan
Maybe the Khrome Werks +2 Sweepers instead of the 2+2's. As far as wrist angle, I have the 2+2 Sweepers in the wide model and love the wrist angle.
So are they +2 up or +2 back? I thought they only made +2 back.

If they are +2 up, what model number do you have?

Old 07-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Solex
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I installed the 10" classic bagger bars on my '14 SGS and really like them, the grip angle looked only slightly different but feels like a huge difference, suits me much better the height is ok not above the fairing, or shoulder height but looks good I think on a bagger.
I'd estimate the grips are at least 2" further forward than stock but didn't actuall measure it before and after.
The stock bars were so low and pulled me so far forward I hated it at first, like I was riding over the front wheel and I'd rather lay back with my arms extended.
I mainly picked these because of cost, bars are not worth $200+ to me.

Attached Thumbnails Please help with handlebars...-image.jpg  

Last edited by Solex; 07-29-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Ministry
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solex
I installed the 10" classic bagger bars on my '14 SGS and really like them, the grip angle looked only slightly different but feels like a huge difference, suits me much better the height is ok not above the fairing, or shoulder height but looks good I think on a bagger.
I'd estimate the grips are at least 2" further forward than stock but didn't actuall measure it before and after.
The stock bars were so low and pulled me so far forward I hated it at first, like I was riding over the front wheel and I'd rather lay back with my arms extended.
Solex those look great, really clean. Did you install yourself? Did you route the wires internally? I was leaning towards pulling the trigger on some chubbys but damn, those classic baggers look natural, almost OEM.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:57 AM
Solex
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, I installed them here at home, went super smooth following JT_HD 's thread and pictures on installing 2" pullback bars here, https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-included.html
I did not run wires internally, didn't want to fool with pulling the pins from the plugs and used the NAMZ 8" wire extensions in case I decided I needed to go higher in the future.
Really about 3 hours time and $144 total cost, they work well for me.
Oh yea one thing I did read and did too, is on the '14s no need to pull the switch, the cover is slotted, and comes out between the tank and switch by working it out

Last edited by Solex; 07-30-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:22 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSledhead
So are they +2 up or +2 back? I thought they only made +2 back.

If they are +2 up, what model number do you have?
MDSledHead, the +2 bars are only 2" back where the 2+2 bars are 2" up and 2" back. I bought the 2+2 bars on Amazon.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:05 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Take a look at LA Choppers twin peaks, Little more reach then stock, good wrist angle, very nice bars, and you can call them, they answer, and will answer all your questions

Old 07-30-2015, 09:15 AM
MDSledhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Solex
So that was my problem with the stock bars... too low that they pulled me forward. So I was concerned going with taller bars that are even further forward than stock.

Is this a case of the extra height decreasing the reach for someone who is taller?

I don't want to change the bars again, only to go back to "reaching". With the 2+2 bars my elbows are close to 90 degrees when I sit up straight.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:29 AM
bzb123
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Check out www.helibars.com

They are adjustable forward and rearward, but the best thing is that you can adjust the wrist angle.

I have changed the pull back during a long ride on the side of the road.

Quick Reply: Please help with handlebars...