Sponsored by:

Maybe it's just me, but...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 06:54 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Question Maybe it's just me, but...

Has anybody else here noticed that they can see MUCH further down the road at night with the aux lights turned off on both high and low beam (mine are set to be on all the time)?

After noticing that I couldn't see jack-s**t at night with the stock headlight alignment on my new Limited, I did the "turn the vertical headlight alignment screw all the way in" thing and that eliminated the bright, rectangular spot of light about 50 ft in front of the bike and sent it down the road as it should on the high beam, but that super-bright patch of light just in front of the bike from the aux lights just overpowered it.

I finally tried turning the aux lights off with the switch on the panel and could actually see way out in front, just like I can/could with every other vehicle I've ever driven at night. Also, the low beam was far more effective with them off, too.

Seems like I've come across a YouTube vid showing how to aim the aux lights so that they actually augment the high and low beams instead of hindering them, but of course I can't find it now.

Any info, help, advice etc. would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

JP

Old 07-05-2015, 12:43 AM
KMC1
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm taking a guess, but it sounds like you need to adjust the aux lights up. Most all the bikes came from the factory with the lights adjusted waaaay too low.

Mine was like yours and when I adjusted them up it made a nice difference with reducing that glare reflecting off the pavement in close.