Sponsored by:

street glide with lowers ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:14 AM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by pswomack
Here are the parts you will need to make a King Tour Pak into a Ultra Tour Pak. There are only 4 large holes that need to be cut, 2 for speaker pods, 1 for wiring harness and 1 for the tail light assembly, there are several small mounting holes that will also have to be drilled to mount the speaker pods/tail lights/ luggage rack, they are marked on the inside of the Tour Pak. Hope this helps!.

The spots are KIND of marked on the inside of the tour pak... with little diamond shapes for the screws and a raised portion for the connector hole... How forgiving are these areas? Last thing that I want is to be riding around with a crooked light on my scoot...

Originally Posted by pswomack
69200772 LED Light Kit Wiring Harness (This harness is needed to make your wiring harness from Tour Pak lights connector to Rear lighting connectors on the bike) NOTE: Requires splicing and soldering 6 wires, it is very simple to do. NOTE: If you are not comfortable doing this, have someone who does electrical work do the job for you.

Would it be possible to get a bit more detail on this? I bought the wire harness (Bike is in cali, I am in Japan for the next 30 or less days) that is in the tour pak on a 2014 limited. Once the hole is drilled under the right hand speaker for the grommet, It will feed out of that hole and under or around the seat. The wire harness that you mention... does it go from under the seat (spliced in here) to the harness that comes out of the TP?

thanks!

Basically, I am building the same bike as you, but black an Amber Whiskey...

Old 04-23-2015, 08:32 AM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Seventy4blazer
The spots are KIND of marked on the inside of the tour pak... with little diamond shapes for the screws and a raised portion for the connector hole... How forgiving are these areas? Last thing that I want is to be riding around with a crooked light on my scoot...

Would it be possible to get a bit more detail on this? I bought the wire harness (Bike is in cali, I am in Japan for the next 30 or less days) that is in the tour pak on a 2014 limited. Once the hole is drilled under the right hand speaker for the grommet, It will feed out of that hole and under or around the seat. The wire harness that you mention... does it go from under the seat (spliced in here) to the harness that comes out of the TP?

thanks!

Basically, I am building the same bike as you, but black an Amber Whiskey...
The tail light assembly will fit flush right under the lip where the lid closes down, you should be able to see it in the pic here.
The harness connects under the seat, you will have to cut one end off the harness to use at the Tour Pak, the other end will be discarded.
You will then have to make six wires that are long enough to go to the connector under the seat next to the battery on the left side, strip the wires back on the bikes harness and solder the wires in (I cut the bikes harness 3" behind the connector so that I could use heatshrink to cover the connections, and then tape it all up. At the time I did mine Harley did not make a "Y" Harness to do this, so I made my own. If you need more info on how to make the harness private message me and I'll give you my mobile number so I can explain it in more detail. Hope this helps.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:44 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 592 Likes on 311 Posts

2012 cvo

Attached Thumbnails street glide with lowers ?-dscf0811.jpg