Sponsored by:

More Storage

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 10:47 AM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default More Storage

Harley needs to add some pouches to the covers where the glove boxes used to be on pre '14 models. The covers are so big they could have some really nice pouches attached to them. The Harley windshield pouches suck so I think this would be a good alternative.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:20 AM
wlibert
Road Captain

I submitted this to Harley's Suggestion's team just for the hell of it. Never know maybe they will do it.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:43 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have cut the leather for it, just waiting to sew it up for a test.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:44 AM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

There are aftermarket pouches available.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

I've been looking around on and off for months on this for a DYI project. Found a number of things that may be able to be jury rigged, but nothing that really would work right. Most tool pouches are too wide, and the few narrower ones were too small to bother with.

I saw one pouch that would be great, except for it only comes with conchos on it, and I don't want conchos. There are several textile pistol carry pouches that might fit the bill, but I'd rather have leather, fake or not.

Having some sort of a latch with a rotatable tab on it to keep the top from disengaging would be a good idea; you can find those in locking and non-locking versions. I'd think if you kept the top in, the bottom might be OK, or a little stationary tab or two there just in case might not be a bad idea. The three stock clips that hold it in would then suffice unless you had a lot in there and hit a large bump, then the tabs would keep it from going anywhere.

What do you think, maybe 6" wide by 6 or 7" tall by 2" deep or thereabouts?

Yeah, I'm surprised nobody has come up with something specifically for the doors. Nothing for a reasonable price, anyway.

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 03-05-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:58 AM
wlibert
Road Captain

I've seen plenty of pouches out there on the web. My concern is how to attach them securely. I guess I could drill holes in them and the covers and use nuts and bolts. I sure would like to see Harley come out with something though.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:17 PM
woodmnctry
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I am looking for this also ---there was another thread couple days ago where on of the members had made one like what is being discussed -- pretty neat -- just need to sort out how to form leather --- or maybe kydex

Old 03-05-2015, 01:00 PM
wlibert
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Oogie Wa Wa
What do you think, maybe 6" wide by 6 or 7" tall by 2" deep or thereabouts?
Sounds about right to me...maybe 2.5" deep. I've got one of those rubber adapters that you put on a gas nozzle that keeps gas from bouncing out of the tank when filling and makes it so you can fill the tank all the way on the first go around and not worrying about topping it off. I'd like to be able to store that in one of the pouches. It's about 2" tall and 3" in diameter.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:09 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wlibert
Sounds about right to me...maybe 2.5" deep. I've got one of those rubber adapters that you put on a gas nozzle that keeps gas from bouncing out of the tank when filling and makes it so you can fill the tank all the way on the first go around and not worrying about topping it off. I'd like to be able to store that in one of the pouches. It's about 2" tall and 3" in diameter.
You can also just drill the plastic part that extends in to the tank to fix that problem. I put a hole at the at the 3 and 9 position and that lets the air escape while you fuel.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:19 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Try contacting Captain Itch, I know he makes a small a storage bag for the crash bar in
front of the saddle bags. They maybe can be mounted to the H-D lowers, that's in the
photo in the original post, just saying.

Quick Reply: More Storage