Ultra Seat on 2015 Police Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 12:36 AM
tbird71
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Ultra Seat on 2015 Police Electra Glide

The FLHTPs are a good bargain and also come with ABS/Linked Standard

However that "revised" stock cop seat with the shock is HIGH...and virtually unadjustable height wise, almost 32" and unless you're 6'2" or better with a 36" or more inseam it'll never fit you. I'm 5'8" and had to tip toe it around. It was coming off. If you DO own/buy one to remove the cop seat you'll have to remove that shock as well. In order to do that the battery has to come out, you'll never get a wrench on the 2 shock mount bolts otherwise. HD also has them loc tited in and they can be a bear to remove, but once that's done it's basically an Electra Glide Standard (which I wish they still made)

I talked to a cop and asked him what he did to his (he's also 5'8") and he said some CHP motor patrol guys found a way to lower theirs, but as yet I haven't heard how. He said he just leans over to one side when stopping, I told him that ain't for me, I'm sitting flat footed at intersections.

I put a 12 Ultra Low seat on mine, and it's great. I may explore the idea of putting an air bladder on it in the future and reinstalling the cop solo, which sits a LOT lower than this new setup. Why they done away with it I dont know but I suspect the 5" shock job is cheaper to mfg.

Last edited by tbird71; 12-26-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:56 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird71
The FLHTPs are a good bargain and also come with ABS/Linked Standard

However that "revised" stock cop seat with the shock is HIGH...and virtually unadjustable height wise, almost 32" and unless you're 6'2" or better with a 36" or more inseam it'll never fit you. I'm 5'8" and had to tip toe it around. It was coming off. If you DO own/buy one to remove the cop seat you'll have to remove that shock as well. In order to do that the battery has to come out, you'll never get a wrench on the 2 shock mount bolts otherwise. HD also has them loc tited in and they can be a bear to remove, but once that's done it's basically an Electra Glide Standard (which I wish they still made)

I talked to a cop and asked him what he did to his (he's also 5'8") and he said some CHP motor patrol guys found a way to lower theirs, but as yet I haven't heard how. He said he just leans over to one side when stopping, I told him that ain't for me, I'm sitting flat footed at intersections.

I put a 12 Ultra Low seat on mine, and it's great. I may explore the idea of putting an air bladder on it in the future and reinstalling the cop solo, which sits a LOT lower than this new setup. Why they done away with it I dont know but I suspect the 5" shock job is cheaper to mfg.
I have a 04 Copking, and I like the air ride seat 32" inseam can flatfoot it. I learned how to ride on this bike, and when I first test rode my limited I thought I was sitting in a submarine; big difference.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Xb9rumble
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shorter CHP guys are just putting on a Mustang seat. They make it much lower and come in 2 widths. Only bad thing is the is no heated option. Very comfortable though.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:18 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Xb9rumble
The shorter CHP guys are just putting on a Mustang seat. They make it much lower and come in 2 widths. Only bad thing is the is no heated option. Very comfortable though.
There is no heat option for a HD cop seat.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Xb9rumble
Cruiser

Yes there is.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:24 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Xb9rumble
Yes there is.
My mistake, do have have the intell on that?

Old 12-26-2014, 11:08 AM
tbird71
Cruiser

Iliked the air ride seat on my 97 FLHTP as well and could flatfoot it too, however this 13 up cop setup is a whole different story

I may look into the Mustang setup. I kept my mustang passenger pillion with the textured cover just in case I wanted to do that. Meanwhile I have no complaints on this Ultra seat and mama is comfy too.

I also kept my Motorola radio box and installed it on the 15. Integrates well.

IMO the move up to the Rushmore Police Unit was well worth it!

Old 12-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Xb9rumble
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
My mistake, do have have the intell on that?
Not sure what autocorrect did to that sentence but if your asking how I have that intel... I work for the state and I am in constant contact with CHP. Obviously being a motorcycle guy I talk with the motors. When they started getting 2013's they had heated seats standard and the same with the 2014's. They have the option after the fact to get the mustang seat if that officer is short. Seems like it's a 50/50 if he goes for a new seat. The heated seat does get way too hot. Most say they can only keep it on for 20 minutes even in sub 30* weather.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:45 AM
tbird71
Cruiser

XB; Do you perhaps know the Mustang Seat Model the CHP motors use?

Old 12-26-2014, 10:17 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Sounds like I may be in the minority, but I much prefer the new cop seat over the old.

Quick Reply: Ultra Seat on 2015 Police Electra Glide