Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 09:28 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Ordered the CVO Limited heated seat and tour pak passenger backrest. Pulled the trigger quicker than planned due to the Black Friday sale at one of the online discounters.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:39 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Part numbers, where, and how much please?

Old 11-29-2014, 10:41 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ACLazer
Part numbers, where, and how much please?

This is the site I used: http://www.surdyke.com/Index.asp

It appears they raised prices today to something less than 20% off. The dealer that is real close to yesterdays Surdyke prices is Kutter Harley Davidson.

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/h-d

The CVO Limited heated Hammock seat is what I ordered. The main differences between the CVO Hammock and the regular heated Hammock is a little more padding and real Leather on the seat surface. The seat sides are still vinyl. For me, it was worth the extra cost. At Kutter, the Leather CVO Hammock seat price is $986, shipped ( I paid $951.50 at Surdyke yesterday ). They do not collect taxes. The price for the vinyl Hammock is $720 at Kutter. For me, the real Leather seat is worth the extra $266 ( at Kutter ).
The cost for the real Leather CVO passenger tour pak passenger back rest that also matches the CVO seat is $353, also at Kutter ( I paid $341.00 at Surdyke ) . I paid roughly $50 less yesterday with Surdyke during their black Friday sale. Today, Saturday, it appears Kutter has the best prices......If you want the matching CVO Leather rider backrest, it's $181 at Kutter. You would then have the entire setup shown on a new CVO Limited.

The part number for the heated Leather CVO Hammock is: 52000083 (I ordered)
The part number for the heated vinyl Hammock is: 52000177
The part number for the CVO Leather matching passenger tour pak backrest is: 52300225 (I ordered)
The part number for the CVO Leather rider backrest is: 52300224

IMHO, The CVO Leather seat and tour pak backrest is only worth the extra cost if you plan on keeping your bike long term and if you are looking for top of the line Hammock comfort. Leather IMO is more comfortable than Vinyl. Using Kutter, it cost an extra $619 to go with both CVO Leather parts vs. going with the vinyl heated Hammock only. If having the seat cover material not matching perfectly with the passenger backrest, you could always just go with the CVO Leather seat for $266 over the vinyl seat.

Hope this helps, I did a ton of research, That includes going to my local dealership and placing there heated Hammock demo on my bike for a day. The added comfort of the Hammock sold me on making the switch. Unfortunately, my local dealer would not come close to the prices I was able to secure online.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:24 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
This is the site I used: http://www.surdyke.com/Index.asp

It appears they raised prices today to something less than 20% off. The dealer that is real close to yesterdays Surdyke prices is Kutter Harley Davidson.

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/h-d

The CVO Limited heated Hammock seat is what I ordered. The main differences between the CVO Hammock and the regular heated Hammock is a little more padding and real Leather on the seat surface. The seat sides are still vinyl. For me, it was worth the extra cost. At Kutter, the Leather CVO Hammock seat price is $986, shipped ( I paid $951.50 at Surdyke yesterday ). They do not collect taxes. The price for the vinyl Hammock is $720 at Kutter. For me, the real Leather seat is worth the extra $266 ( at Kutter ).
The cost for the real Leather CVO passenger tour pak passenger back rest that also matches the CVO seat is $353, also at Kutter ( I paid $341.00 at Surdyke ) . I paid roughly $50 less yesterday with Surdyke during their black Friday sale. Today, Saturday, it appears Kutter has the best prices......If you want the matching CVO Leather rider backrest, it's $181 at Kutter. You would then have the entire setup shown on a new CVO Limited.

The part number for the heated Leather CVO Hammock is: 52000083 (I ordered)
The part number for the heated vinyl Hammock is: 52000177
The part number for the CVO Leather matching passenger tour pak backrest is: 52300225 (I ordered)
The part number for the CVO Leather rider backrest is: 52300224

IMHO, The CVO Leather seat and tour pak backrest is only worth the extra cost if you plan on keeping your bike long term and if you are looking for top of the line Hammock comfort. Leather IMO is more comfortable than Vinyl. Using Kutter, it cost an extra $619 to go with both CVO Leather parts vs. going with the vinyl heated Hammock only. If having the seat cover material not matching perfectly with the passenger backrest, you could always just go with the CVO Leather seat for $266 over the vinyl seat.

Hope this helps, I did a ton of research, That includes going to my local dealership and placing there heated Hammock demo on my bike for a day. The added comfort of the Hammock sold me on making the switch. Unfortunately, my local dealer would not come close to the prices I was able to secure online.
Nice write up, Surdyke prices are ok if you get free shipping with it otherwise they ding on that. Kutter is straightforward free shipping $99 bucks +. I have used both companies. I usually receive orders in 10 days. I too am looking for the same set-up you went with. Did you order the bracket for the rider backrest?

Old 11-29-2014, 11:47 AM
fmgsr
Road Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

I got a great deal on a members 2013 CVO Leather & Pleather Hammock Heated seat for $315.00 shipped. Plugged right in, works fine. Cover is a bit battle worn- seams are loose, slight scuffs. Found on Flee Bay Scottys Sled Shed. He makes some really nice custom replacement covers for about $150. Gonna get mine.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:12 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Nice write up, Surdyke prices are ok if you get free shipping with it otherwise they ding on that. Kutter is straightforward free shipping $99 bucks +. I have used both companies. I usually receive orders in 10 days. I too am looking for the same set-up you went with. Did you order the bracket for the rider backrest?
Thank you; Surdyke provided free shipping on my order. I had already purchased the CVO rider backrest from a guy that took it off his 2014 CVO Limited and never used it. Was able to save a few bucks over buying brand new. When complete, I will have the total CVO Limited seating package. I assume the Seat and tour pak back rest order from Surdyke will take more than 10 days, I am sure this will be something they must order from Harley, I doubt they carry in stock.

Best of luck to you,

Scottt

Old 11-29-2014, 05:07 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Scottt, thanks for the write up, I do appreciate that.

I was on the HD website and I was looking at the CVO Pictures (see below). I see that there is allot of padding in front of the riders backrest. It may sit me too far forward, and I'm concerned that the seat will become another nut crusher for me. My current seat is already like that now, and I need to move back some. I need to go back at least an inch, maybe two.

I did install the +2 Khrome Werks Sweepers Handlebars on my bike. I just picked the bike up today, and I can tell just from the short ride home I'm going to like them. I just need the right seat now. I'm looking at the Corbin Heated Seat too, or I may have my current seat reworked at MCC, I just can't make up my mind.

Attached Thumbnails My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-hd-kf104-large.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-hd-kf198-large.jpg  
Old 11-29-2014, 05:20 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ACLazer
Scottt, thanks for the write up, I do appreciate that.

I was on the HD website and I was looking at the CVO Pictures (see below). I see that there is allot of padding in front of the riders backrest. It may sit me too far forward, and I'm concerned that the seat will become another nut crusher for me. My current seat is already like that now, and I need to move back some. I need to go back at least an inch, maybe two.

I did install the +2 Khrome Werks Sweepers Handlebars on my bike. I just picked the bike up today, and I can tell just from the short ride home I'm going to like them. I just need the right seat now. I'm looking at the Corbin Heated Seat too, or I may have my current seat reworked at MCC, I just can't make up my mind.

You are welcome: When I demoed the regular heated Hammock, one of the things I really liked about it is that it moved me back vs the stock seat. I am assuming the CVO seat will be close to the same. I would recommend that you install one of the Hammock demo's from your Harley Dealership, that is the best way to see what you think.

Regarding Corbin; I had a Corbin dual tour on my last bike. It was a great looking seat and well made. My problem was comfort. The Corbin foam is very firm, I never felt is was "comfortable", the Hammock is much better IMO. As you have seen before, everyone is different. Try the demo to be sure!

Old 12-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, you are going to be very happy with the sitting position of the CVO Hammock. It does sit us back, actually feels just a little more than the regular Hammock. I will be interested to see if you feel the same. I was happy with my set up until I heard you ordered the CVO passenger backrest also. Now after looking at many CVO pics, I have ordered the pass backrest also. HaHa Merry Christmas to me!!

Old 12-02-2014, 06:38 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
Scott, you are going to be very happy with the sitting position of the CVO Hammock. It does sit us back, actually feels just a little more than the regular Hammock. I will be interested to see if you feel the same. I was happy with my set up until I heard you ordered the CVO passenger backrest also. Now after looking at many CVO pics, I have ordered the pass backrest also. HaHa Merry Christmas to me!!
Congratulations. Looking forward to my seat coming in. I think you will like having a matching tour pak backrest. It also appears to be more comfortable for your passenger. Will let you know, I don't expect my package till late Dec.

Quick Reply: My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK