Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New here, Hello enthusiasts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009 | 10:13 PM
Poorguy
|
Tourer
Default New here, Hello enthusiasts.

First post so a little about me.

I hail from North Central PA. I'm currently waiting (patiently, well not so much with the newest warmer weather) on my first Harley Davidson. Back in January I purchased a 09 Fat Boy and then customized it. Currently I'm waiting on sheet metal. I undertand HD is 8-12 weeks behind so thus far it's been roughly 8 weeks. The other major customization is I got rid of the solid rims and opted for the Blade Custom Wheels. $2300 later.

Of course all the bells, whistles, nuts and bolts that go along with it all.

Sheet metal? Well I opted for the
Edge Flame Paint Set - Galaxy Grey Base with Silver Flames

This won't be my first bike although it is my first HD. Previously I had a gorgeous Honda 650 that a drunk driver took out from under me. Not long after that, jumping on the horse that bit me, I ordered a Suzuki Lowrider. I barely put any miles on it and sold it. I told myself I wasn't buying another bike until I could buy the one I want. This is the one.

As seen on the showroom floor.

And of course, what she will look like at pick up I'm hoping just a few short weeks away.

Before and after:

I have not yet changed the pipes. (EDIT: I added Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggereds) My dealer is giving me a free 1000 mile checkup, oil change etc..etc..with a wax job and said we'll change the pipes then. That will give me a chance to sell the solid wheels and Black sheet metal.

That's where I'm at. Waiting and checking out pipes. I was told, recommended Vans and Hines? I was also told, recommended to stay away from the Screaming Eagles? Any input on pipes would greatly be appreciated.

Nice to meet you all.

Edit: As ya'll can see in my sig, she's home. More pics throughout the thread, also She's Home thread in Softail Forum.

Last edited by Poorguy; 05-19-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added pipes. ;-)
Old 03-18-2009 | 10:45 PM
1stwassuperglide
Intermediate

Welcome from Central California! That is looking great with the mods you got going - bet the wait is killing you! I don't have a lot of experience with pipes, but have always enjoyed the sound of the Vance and Hines and also like the Rinehart 2 into 1 sound on the B motor - planning the Rinehart for wifes heritage someday - imho: either makes it sound "like a harley should" - - enjoy!

Old 03-18-2009 | 11:18 PM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

That will be a nice ride. Welcome from New Mexico.

Old 03-19-2009 | 12:06 AM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior

Welcome from NC.

Old 03-19-2009 | 01:51 AM
memphis
Elite HDF Member

nice b4 nicer after
welcome and hope u"ll have a lot of fun

Old 03-19-2009 | 04:03 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Thumbs up

WOW, very nice. LOVE THOSE FATBOYS, go with the V+H PRO-PIPE. Welcome from Surrey B.C. CANADA

Old 03-19-2009 | 06:12 AM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member

Well done! Welcome from central Washington. You've arrived at the best forum around. More to learn and read here than anywhere else, plus great people. Glad to have you. Geezer

Old 03-19-2009 | 07:33 AM
SoftailC
Tourer

Welcome from Virginia

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:16 AM
Ultra 08
Elite HDF Member

Welcome from Virginia. Nice ride!

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:42 AM
kkinderen
Road Master

Welcome from Falls Church, VA! That is going to be a sharp looking bike. I like the look of the wheels.

I use V&H. I recently went from the Pro Pipes which I liked to the Big Radius 2-into-1 which I like more. For me, it is all about appearance and sound so I'm not sure how these rate in performance. Check out the other parts of the forums and you'll get some great input.

Quick Reply: New here, Hello enthusiasts.