National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Ready For Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:23 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts
Default Ready For Biketoberfest

Who else is planning to go?

I'll be leaving Central Ohio on Sunday morning, probably. Riding east out to Philly to hang out with the OL until Wednesday morning. Wednesday, I'll ride and probably stop somewhere around Fayetteville or Lumberton for the night (hopefully I can find a hotel with a bar and eats within walking distance). Thursday, I'll ride the rest of the way, and pick my OL up from the airport (she'll be flying in since she has to work all week).

We got a room at the Courtyard on Petty (free - Marriott points are awesome), so we'll be set. We'll stay until Sunday, and she'll fly back to work in Philly, and I'll probably head north back toward Ohio (probably stop in Alabama and visit with Mom for a day).

Looking forward to the trip!

Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 AM
zZeduardoZz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See ya there!

Old 08-26-2014, 02:44 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From Behind... You're in a pretty good place I think. Central to all rally areas.

If all goes well with me I'll be leaving on Monday morning and getting there on Tue afternoon. I usually make it to Smithfield/Selma NC area for the night, over half of my 1221 mile ride. I stay with family on S.Halifax just over off the end of ISB bridge on beachside.

Here is the most informative source you will find for Biketoberfest info...

http://jdbikermap.com/biker-motorcyc...oberfest-maps/

Safe journeys and good times to all going.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:00 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Nice! Thanks for the resource!

Yeah, that location looked pretty perfect. I understand that there's a ton of stuff at the Speedway in addition to Main, so that's a good central spot. S. Halifax, huh? That looks like a REALLY good spot! Stumbling distance! LOL!

Old 08-27-2014, 12:32 PM
jlresq06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketoberfest

Can't wait. Keep tabs on the Florida crew page on this event too. Can't beat jdbikermap. Highly recommend ******* tropical tattoo ride in bike show Thursday afternoon and you should catch a set of David Allen Coe at the Iron Horse. He's getting up there and had a wreck a few years back, but he's outlaw country legend. I'm not a c&w fan, but still like his stories and all.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:35 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by jlresq06
Can't wait. Keep tabs on the Florida crew page on this event too. Can't beat jdbikermap. Highly recommend ******* tropical tattoo ride in bike show Thursday afternoon and you should catch a set of David Allen Coe at the Iron Horse. He's getting up there and had a wreck a few years back, but he's outlaw country legend. I'm not a c&w fan, but still like his stories and all.
Sweet - thanks. I love some of his stuff, and others - well, let's just say that I imagine that he and some of his die-hard fans might not even appreciate my being there!

It's great because I've been known to do a perfect "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" when there's karaoke going on. It usually confuses everybody. LOL!

Old 09-12-2014, 12:46 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Nice! Thanks for the resource!

Yeah, that location looked pretty perfect. I understand that there's a ton of stuff at the Speedway in addition to Main, so that's a good central spot. S. Halifax, huh? That looks like a REALLY good spot! Stumbling distance! LOL!
Actually I've timed it with one-eyed open on my watch and the other on the center of the sidewalk... 5-minute stagger from the Boot.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:54 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

Be careful where you stay in Fayetteville a.k.a (Fayette-Nam) and Lumberton. Very high crime in those areas. Try to stay at a very reputable place on the interstate. I wouldn't venture into either town especially at night and that advice comes from a Marine who spent the bulk of his career about 100 miles from both places at Camp Lejeune.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:11 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by E8USMCRET
Be careful where you stay in Fayetteville a.k.a (Fayette-Nam) and Lumberton. Very high crime in those areas. Try to stay at a very reputable place on the interstate. I wouldn't venture into either town especially at night and that advice comes from a Marine who spent the bulk of his career about 100 miles from both places at Camp Lejeune.
Yeah, I remember that from my time in Jacksonville, too. I decided to streatch it down a bit further to Latta, SC for my stay.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:55 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Yeah, I remember that from my time in Jacksonville, too. I decided to streatch it down a bit further to Latta, SC for my stay.
Very wise move and don't go to a Waffle House/Huddle House/IHOP after midnight either.

Quick Reply: Ready For Biketoberfest