National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Daytona Bike Week - Best Place to stay ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Rick14221
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
If I go, I cant leave until Thursday as I have a class Wednesday night at Vo tech. All depends on the rain on thursday. Would stay prob near Columbia SC thursday night and finish Friday. Spend sat at Rossmyer and the speedway doing the vendors. Head a bit north either sat night or sun. And get this, going to visit Mt Air NC to see the Andy Griffith place on the way back.

You going?

Oh yes. RIding. Did the tow deal last two years with my uncle who was my riding bud but he passed away in July. Udes to trailer to Brunswich Ga and parked the truck and trailer at Golden Isle HD. Great folks there.
Hey guys I used to live in Westmont (Johnstown) Just had to comment on the Mt Airy thing. Went down to Camp Lejeune past summer and stopped at Mt Airy. You definately have to ride downtown. You need to get there during the day as they roll up the streets at night. They have a hotel outside of town called Aunt Bee's? anyway they have a replica of the Mayberry police car and Goobers truck...Good for a laugh...Have fun

Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM
ltmdl90
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick14221
Hey guys I used to live in Westmont (Johnstown) Just had to comment on the Mt Airy thing. Went down to Camp Lejeune past summer and stopped at Mt Airy. You definately have to ride downtown. You need to get there during the day as they roll up the streets at night. They have a hotel outside of town called Aunt Bee's? anyway they have a replica of the Mayberry police car and Goobers truck...Good for a laugh...Have fun
Hey cool, Westmont not far from me.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 AM
gareth
1st Gear

hey guys iam new to this forum and stay in South Africa.i was thinking of heading out to the states next year for daytona bike week.can you recommend any places to stay that is fairly well priced.iam not into anything fancy ,just somewhere to lay my head and have a shower.we will also be wanting to rent a harley.Any ideas

Old 03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
QSRider
Intermediate

Just returned from 4 days in Daytona...awesome ! Picked the Hilton beach resort...right in the middle of all the main street action for the nightlife. Rode during the day to the various hot spots and walked/drank all night on Main. Will be staying here again next year! Covered parking a plus !

Old 03-07-2011, 08:59 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by gareth
hey guys iam new to this forum and stay in South Africa.i was thinking of heading out to the states next year for daytona bike week.can you recommend any places to stay that is fairly well priced.iam not into anything fancy ,just somewhere to lay my head and have a shower.we will also be wanting to rent a harley.Any ideas
As to renting a HD, do a google of Eaglerider. there are a coast to coast chain that rents HD. Check their locations, they have 8 in fla along, Even one in Daytona. As to lodging, ya got plenty of time to search lodging in and around Daytona. Staying out away from Dytona a piece will get your prices down a good bit.