National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Ride for the colors 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 11:14 PM
BackinBlackfxdb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ride for the colors 2011?

With September 11th just a few days away, I’m sure we all are reflecting, in our own ways, the events of that tragic day nine years ago. Most of us will never forget where we were, or what we were doing when we first heard of the terrible news. It’s hard to believe the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is little more than one year away.
I have a vision of bikers uniting in a show of honor and solemn respect on that day - 9/11/11 - the ten years passed mark. More than that, an show of patriotism so overwhelming no one can deny it, neither friend, or foe. Each bike flying the colors that ultimately matter most, the red, white & blue.
It would be great if all of us could meet at the site of the flight 93 crash near Shanksville, PA on the morning of September 11, 2011. This is the site of the airliner that did not reach its intended target on that morning because the passengers fought back against their hijackers. A memorial honoring their actions will be dedicated to them that morning.
After we all meet for the memorial dedication, we ride the three-hundred miles to New York - ground zero of the twin towers tragedy. Engines roaring, and flags flying. I do not mean a few hundred, or even a few thousand bikes, but tens of thousands of bikes riding together from the flight 93 site, to the twin tower site.
The sight of tens of thousands of bikes to the monuments with engines roaring and flags flying sends a message. There is a brotherhood of Americans that know how to unite like no other; and they will not forget their fallen brethren.
Can we make it happen?