National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Daytona Bike Week or Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:46 AM
milkbone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Bike Week or Biketoberfest

Wife and I are wanting to go to one or the other, and was wanting to know which one people thought is the best, or neither.
I know the different times of the year. March could be still a little cool, or October hot, humid and possible hurricane. Other than that which rally is considered the best?

Thanks

Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 AM
miami
Road Master
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Our Florida Tourist Dept says that either one is just fine. It can be the same type of weather in either month. So do you feel lucky?

Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
rolfsharley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Daytona

Me and some friends are going to The bikeoctober fest,it´s a long journey from Norway but it´s not so expensive to fly from Norway to Usa:-)

Old 02-05-2010, 07:14 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Here is the scoop I live in Florida and go to both for different reasons . Bike week Much more in vendors Harley sets up their road show Get to see all the new stuff. Sit on the bikes. Talk to the reps and even have some parts changed around on the bikes to see if it works on your own bike ( seat, windshield,etc) Go to the speed way Get to do Test rides on the bikes ( Most all makes are there). Need, Helmet,eye protection,and they prefer boots . Then there are the Races, Good motocross. and the 200 Road race. Then there are Swap meets and other bike shows. parties. etc. As for the weather We are having 1 of the coldest winter ( By Fl standards) and it has rained mostly on the weekends but nice in the middle of the week . it can be crowed. get a area map learn the back ways And you can spend a week and not see everyting. Now for Biketober fest No race, Harley dose not set up .Some of the other manufactures do set up but not all of them, There is still some bike shows and a good amount of vendors but that is going to Depend on the economy. Not as many people cheaper rooms and the weather has been pretty good You can do in a couple of days then go ride Fl.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:57 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by milkbone
Wife and I are wanting to go to one or the other, and was wanting to know which one people thought is the best, or neither.
I know the different times of the year. March could be still a little cool, or October hot, humid and possible hurricane. Other than that which rally is considered the best?

Thanks
Bike week ....1 week (plus)
'toberfest....three day weekend.

Weather can be iffy either time. More to see Bike week......less crowds biketoberfest.
Both will be good times. All the major establishments will be in swing....
maybe a fewer venders...but if I were travelling from texas......I need to do bike week.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:33 PM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've done both and enjoyed both. It seems the times I have gone, the weather was better in October and crowds more tolerable, hotels better rates. it still has the same feel and if you never went to the March "week" or weren't looking for the big manufacturer stuff, probably wouldn't know the difference.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
jetspeed8
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I live in Fl also and try to go to both when Uncle Sam doesn't have something better for me to do........ I agree with PRrdglide on his assessment and would add that rooms are a bit more plentiful during Octoberfest, for those that need them. As for the weather, that is a crap shoot. I have been to Bike Week and it was hot and no rain and I havae been to Biketoberfest and got wet all three days.... FL wx is not as predictable as the wx man makes it out to be, but no matter when you go you will have a GREAT time......

Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Müü
Novice

i come with a friend to the bikeweek,i live in germany,near hamburg.
have a nice day
müü

Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Ready for next Friday to get here. Heading down with a couple of firends for a long weekend. Can't make it all week because work is getting in way. This will be a good break before the 6-12s start. Hope everyone that is going has a good, safe time.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Hard-Cor
Intermediate

Hey Guys,

We're flying on Thursday at 1.30 AM and we are landing in Orlando at 6 AM. (Europe-time 23.30 AM) It's 10 hours in that F*#king Airplane from Holland to USA....... then we must drive with Car 2 hours to Palm Coast (i think). It became a long day !!

But I hope so that we've become a Great Time there.

Everyone, Enjoy your Trip & Bikeweek! Daytona, here we come !!!

Quick Reply: Daytona Bike Week or Biketoberfest