National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

High seas rally cruise 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:07 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default High seas rally cruise 2010

We just booked a room on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas for the annual HIGH SEAS RALLY WESTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE for 2010.
Anyone else going???

Old 01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
jaxbeachbadger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, we are. Check out the roll call discussion board at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1003842

and the forum on the High Seas Rally site

http://crewmembers.highseasrally.com

First time on this cruise for us, many prior cruises though. Sounds like a great time.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Hi Jaxbeachbadger!!! I made a post to the Cruisecritic board over the weekend. Look for a "Green" Harley tank avatar and that would be us.
Thanks for the link to the crewmembers HSR. I'll have to check it out.
We've only been on 1 other cruise. Did the RCCL Radiance of the Seas up to Alaska then continued on their Landtour for another week in 2007.
We're really looking forward to the trip.

What kind of bike(s) do you folks ride?

Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 PM
jaxbeachbadger
Cruiser

05 sporty 1200C(me) and 09 Nightster(her). I've been on 15 cruises, her 5, but none for past two years. Totally different experience on a warm weather cruise, but any cruise can't help but be fantastic.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

I hope so. Hubby was very impressed with RCCL's organization and enjoyed the trip to Alaska. This time, we're both looking forward to the relaxed atmosphere and NO DRESS UP for formal nights. Packing should be easy for this trip. Any words of wisdom to pass along for warm weather cruises? Hints, tricks or tips?
As you can see, I'm on an 07 Low Rider and his is an 06 Heritage Softail Classic.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 AM
jaxbeachbadger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LWOS
I hope so. Hubby was very impressed with RCCL's organization and enjoyed the trip to Alaska. This time, we're both looking forward to the relaxed atmosphere and NO DRESS UP for formal nights. Packing should be easy for this trip. Any words of wisdom to pass along for warm weather cruises? Hints, tricks or tips?
As you can see, I'm on an 07 Low Rider and his is an 06 Heritage Softail Classic.
Mostly what I was referring to on the warm weather cruise being different is simply that you really get to take advantage of the ship, being able to be outside on decks at all times, sunning by the pool, etc. Obviously, except for dining and events, dress is all beachy. At that time of year, the Caribbean will be nice and warm, but you shouldn't have to worry about it being too hot. Hopefully, the hurricanes will stay away (except for the ones you drink!). The one excursion we will definitely plan on is the snorkeling at stingray beach on Grand Cayman (Captain Marvins is the one we used last time). The real challenge on this cruise will be making sure we're not hungover all the time!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:15 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

The real challenge on this cruise will be making sure we're not hungover all the time!
I'm a cheap drunk. Never could handle booze. One glass of wine and I'm giddy, 2 glasses and you'd have to help walk me back to cabin. Hubby can imbibe until the cowns come home with no ill effects. He says it's from years of practice!!! LOL
You're right about taking advantage of the warm weather. It will be nice to be able to be out heavier outerwear. I imagine the evenings can be a little chilly though.
Yes, lets hope we can avoid any hurricaines. It was a quiet season in 2009. Hope it doesn't make up for it in 2010.