National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Missoula Awaits Hells Angels Return

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: Missoula Awaits Hells Angels Return

ORIGINAL: mpaquette

[sm=closed.gif] I hope this thread gets locked soon.
Y? Since when is it taboo tot alk about 1% clubs? This is an HD forum after all... I dont belong to any club, nor have I ever been harrased by a club or member. People vote politicians back into office that do 10X worse things than a 1%er may ever do (W comes to mind). Not likely to have this debate anywhere else so this IS in fact the time and place to discuss it. If it makes people squeemish reading or talking about this kind of stuff then DONT CLICK THE LINK TO THIS THREAD.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
FireRider61
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whether you are a butcher a baker or a candlestick maker OR a member of HA OR a LEO there is good and bad in every group....Irespect cops and i respect the red and white

Old 04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
gjb1952
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Greybeard Bob

When they were here in 2000, there was more trouble with the locals and all the hippies that were also having a convention nearby. They did spend a lot of money while in town and businesses said they were no problem and would welcome them back anytime. They pretty much kept to themselves and one of them was quoted as saying "You people are the crazy ones." They rented a local shut down ski area about 10 miles out of town for the duration of the meet. There was plenty of extra law enforcement brought in, expecting the worst and nothing happened. The LEO's were everywhere, looking out for trouble, you were almost afraid to spit on the sidewalk, 'cause they wanted to arrest somebody for something, but didn't have the chance. I think the whole thing was blown way out of proportion myself. Maybe this time will be different, but I don't think so. JMHO, YMMV, etc.

Bob
Oh ya, hippies are always the crazy ones at any party!! [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Jetpat
Banned

Why would you hope that? Isn't it American to be able to debate certain topics and gain knowledge and understanding from an opposing viewpoint?

Maybe not, if you're shallow and intent on keeping status quo. As for me, keep the topic open til after the event. Let everyone speak from their own point of view and make an attempt to learn about something they otherwise wouldn't have the ability to do. How the hell else are people supposed to learn? Prejudice is simply ignorance, and alot of comments smack of predjudice.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:46 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

madmikee......you're my f'ing hero. It is so refereshing to hear a great LEO with his head screwed on straight! I m not a cop basher nor am I meaning to sound like I am patronizing you but what you said makes every bit of sense to me from what I know and believe.

You are the man!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:11 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior

How in the heck did this turn into another cop bashing thread??.

I guess the keyboard stands for courage. For some of you anyway.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 PM
LdyMjo
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ebeattie

Y? Since when is it taboo tot alk about 1% clubs? This is an HD forum after all... I dont belong to any club, nor have I ever been harrased by a club or member. People vote politicians back into office that do 10X worse things than a 1%er may ever do (W comes to mind). Not likely to have this debate anywhere else so this IS in fact the time and place to discuss it. If it makes people squeemish reading or talking about this kind of stuff then DONT CLICK THE LINK TO THIS THREAD.
+1

Old 05-27-2008, 05:15 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: faber

My question:

Why the hell would they want to go to Missoula? For the scenery? No. For the instant access to wide-open country rides--not really. For the great bar scene? It's better for college students and the indie film crowd. For the fishing? Better elsewhere in the state, much. To relive history? hmm.....

Plenty of better places on or near the I-90 corridor.

Why Missoula?
Great bar scene, Montana scenery, great roads, horny college girls.........why not Missoula?

Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 PM
gjb1952
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: mp

ORIGINAL: faber

My question:

Why the hell would they want to go to Missoula? For the scenery? No. For the instant access to wide-open country rides--not really. For the great bar scene? It's better for college students and the indie film crowd. For the fishing? Better elsewhere in the state, much. To relive history? hmm.....

Plenty of better places on or near the I-90 corridor.

Why Missoula?
Great bar scene, Montana scenery, great roads, horny college girls.........why not Missoula?
Why is this [sm=lame.gif]thread still going????