National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

School me On Biketoberfest in Dytona

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:52 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,364 Likes on 969 Posts
Default School me On Biketoberfest in Dytona

Sorry for the long post.

For the last 11 years I have been going to OCMD Bike week. Let's just say I think this will be the last year they have it. It was a Total Sh*tShow. From the promoter screwing everything up, to unhappy vendors...to a huge amount of accidents and a few deaths...and the city is really pricing everything out of reach for people.

One of my friends has been trying to get us to go to Biketoberfest and I think next year will be the year. I have a friend who is the GM for a hotel group and they own the comfort Inn near the race track....I can get rooms for almost next to nothing plus it's not an issue parking the trailers there.

Since I have never been there, would this be a good place to stay? How is the area? How far away are all the events and where everything is set up?

Thanks for any advice you can give

Old Today, 07:06 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 4,784 Likes on 2,252 Posts

I like to camp at the various camp grounds. My group goes out during the day sight seeing and watching races. Then we return to the campsite and listen to the band. We are usually back at the campsite, small fire relaxing and chatting. Wake up and repeat again the next day. Many campsites available. Various levels of bands and entertainment. Various levels of campsites and amenities.

I have never liked the hotel based rallies. So many folks I would not have met if I was staying in a hotel.