Multi-Fit Parts and Accessories For those Parts and Accessories that fit more than one model of Harley Davidson.

GPS Nav - Nuvi 2797LMT 7" Display

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014 | 05:35 PM
AlanStansbery
|
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default GPS Nav - Nuvi 2797LMT 7" Display

Rather than have me try to describe this, here's the link to the Garmin site. Cut/paste into your browser if clicking doesn't work:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-t...rod112203.html

I bought this a while back, but never really used it. I'll try to answer questions, but here's what I know for sure:

* The 7" (yeah, it's big) screen is touch-sensitive. It works for me with regular leather gloves.
* There is no Aux out (1/8" plug).
* It's Bluetooth enabled, but not so I could get the 'voice' from the GPS to broadcast directly through the 4.3 BoomBox, i.e., my 'wired' head-set. I never tried pairing it with my phone, but I believe that's the way it's meant to be used. You can read on the Garmin site to check for sure.
* It has lifetime maps and weather. Check with Garmin's site to ensure they pass over to the second owner. In any event, I'll update the map before I ship if the buyer wishes.

I had the power/traffic cord installed on my bike for about three months. The label on the power adapter is a little faded from this, but otherwise it works fine. (The cord was run from the battery, under my SG's seat, up the inside of the console, and terminated in the fuel door area.)

I'm including a Ram holder (the GPS snaps in securely), so you get: the GPS unit, a 'hard' case (holds the GPS and computer cord), the cord to connect to a computer, the power/traffic cord, and the Ram holder. You'll need some more pieces to complete the Ram mount for attachment to your bike. These additional pieces are 20 or 30 bucks (as I recall) and are NOT included. Don't take my word for it though. Please research it. The Ram mount is part number: DEZL 760LM (this is the only Ram component included in this auction).

I paid around $275 for what you see here. I'll sell it including ground delivery in the CONUS for $175. Other than for the slightly faded power cord label, everything is like new. It spent (except for the power cord) all its life in a desk drawer in my bedroom. I had it on the bike, for about 30 minutes, to check it out and make sure it worked. (I ended up going with a GPS in my iPhone.)

Shipped in three business days via USPS Parcel or UPS Ground to your Confirmed PayPal address, Verified PayPal account. If you don't have these or don't use PayPal, contact me and I'll work with you on another payment method. In PayPal, use "Goods or services". I'll handle the fee and your purchase will be protected via whatever mechanisms are available for such transactions, through PayPal.

I don't have the original box, but I'll pack it securely and insure it.

Questions, send them in a PM. First commitment, i.e., "I'll buy it" gets it. Payment due in 24 hours or else it goes back up.

Thanks,
Alan

Attached Thumbnails GPS Nav - Nuvi 2797LMT 7" Display-p1020577.jpg   GPS Nav - Nuvi 2797LMT 7" Display-p1020578.jpg   GPS Nav - Nuvi 2797LMT 7" Display-p1020579.jpg  

Last edited by AlanStansbery; 06-01-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2014 | 04:16 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking for a large screen GPS device like the one you are selling here awhile back. This is a link from eBay website regarding the transferring of Garmin GPS ownership: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Buying-Used-...7023878/g.html
I thought it would help either party in the process. Pay attention to the writer's updates at the end of the page. Good luck selling and buying. Free bump

Old 06-02-2014 | 06:33 PM
AlanStansbery
|
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks, RightOnFatty. Potential buyers need to read the link you provided before committing.

For my part, I'm happy to do what I can to transfer the registration to a new owner. If they're willing to work with me, according to this link the ownership can be transferred.

alan

Old 07-29-2014 | 03:04 PM
Old No. 7
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM Sent