Multi-Fit Parts and Accessories For those Parts and Accessories that fit more than one model of Harley Davidson.

Stock XL Takeoffs: Grips, Handlebars & Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:45 PM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stock XL Takeoffs: Grips, Handlebars & Pegs

I'm doing some Winter upgrades and have replaced these parts. All come off of my '06 XL1200C but should fit just about any modern HD. Everything here is in great condition, taken off of a bike with 6K miles on the clock.

Handlebars are stock chrome buckhorns. I found a chart on another website and the numbers seem to match my rough measurements. 1" diameter, 4.5" height, 27" overall width, 7.5" pullback, 4.75" wide at the bottom where it mounts. The bars are knurled and dimpled, and have holes to mount the plastic wire clips. They are in good used condition. Part number (I think) is 56082-83. Asking $20.

Handgrips are for standard 1" bars, plain black rubber grips. Left grip wasn't glued on so it came off nice and clean. Asking $12 for the pair.

Footpegs and shifter peg are stock black rubber, great condition. The pegs are the thick ones without the "feelers". Includes the bolt to mount the shifter peg. Asking $20 for the set.

Asking prices include shipping to the lower 48, I take Paypal for payment. Always up for trades if ya got something I can use.

Attached Thumbnails Stock XL Takeoffs: Grips, Handlebars & Pegs-dscf3554.jpg   Stock XL Takeoffs: Grips, Handlebars & Pegs-dscf3555.jpg   Stock XL Takeoffs: Grips, Handlebars & Pegs-dscf3558.jpg   Stock XL Takeoffs: Grips, Handlebars & Pegs-dscf3560.jpg  
Old 12-13-2011, 06:01 AM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master

Handlebars are SOLD!

Also, I have a stock license plate mounting bracket, black. Excellent condition - Asking $15 shipped.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:20 AM
capecodder
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bar change

Hi - Just wondering if you went to a new bar for shorter reach - considering changing out my stock bar that you sold - since I have a short reach - wondering what you went to. Thanks - capt. ron

Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master

Originally Posted by capecodder
Hi - Just wondering if you went to a new bar for shorter reach - considering changing out my stock bar that you sold - since I have a short reach - wondering what you went to. Thanks - capt. ron
No, I changed to drag bars actually. I found these bars a little too narrow for my liking, and I wanted to lean forward a little bit, the stock bars kept me in an unnatural position and I was getting some lower back pain after a long ride. With the drags, so far, so good, but I've only put a couple hundred miles on the new bars since I put them on so late in the season. I love how they look too. I also have forward controls, and am 5'10", if that helps.

You might want to look into a handlebar riser with more pullback and keep your stock bars if you like them otherwise. I have a "C" model and didn't want to mess with the stock riser, even as ugly as it is.

Hope that helps, send me a PM if you have any more questions.