Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Ride the Rockies HOG trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007 | 12:36 AM
rountree
|
Cruiser
Default RE: Ride the Rockies HOG trip

Will have my 10 year old son on the back of a Deuce, but we may have to give the ride up a try!

Old 05-22-2007 | 01:36 AM
mbmike
Advanced

Hello there I'm heading up from phx the thusday before , should be in the denver area on friday looking to head up th cheyenne wyom for a day or so maybe take in some country who knows planning on dropping down to Fort collins on sun afternoon so let my know where your heading ?? Trailering the bikes in to denver but really Colorado springs than ride norths not out of the question , wheres everyone staying in Fort collins ??

mbmike

Old 05-23-2007 | 05:48 PM
rountree
|
Cruiser

I was originally planning to haul it to Colorado Springs (trailer kills my mileage and its 1,600 miles out there from here, so I'm loading it in the back of the truck.) I'm watching the weather as we get closer and may drive on into Breckenridge and leave the truck there Saturday and spend that night at Beaver Run. I'm on a Deuce so that would mean a lot less packing. Depends on what I can work out with Beaver Run.

I had thought about making a loop up through Cheyenne if the weather is good. Heck it may be worth riding in the rain; it hasn't rained here since Bikeweek in March and I'm tired of sniffing smoke from the fires in the Okefenokeearea so some rain would feel pretty good. May try that before checking in on the 24th. We are staying at the Courtyard in Fort Collins on the 24th and 25th.

I'm playing by ear as much as I can. If we can get off a day earlier it would be nice not be rushed to get out there. I would really like to stay an extra day and maybe ride over to the four corners after the rally. Everything depends on weather and money <G>.