Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Utah, Wyoming Colorado, keep your guard up

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Whackone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Utah, Wyoming Colorado, keep your guard up

I have been thinking about a news report I watched Sunday evening before leaving for Denver on Monday morning.
Channel 5 SLC reported there was only one traffic fatality for the Fourth of July holiday period. It involved a motorcycle rider that was side-swiped by a vehicle on I-80 near Jeremy Ranch.
The part of the newscast that has me concerned was "Good Ol' Carol" indicated the biker was at fault because he was not wearing a helmet.
This is the way it starts. Let's not let the helmet law come back to this area again.
Please take time to contact your state represenatives and let your feelings be known.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:12 AM
blur
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Channel 5 is good at pointing that out regularly. Channel 2 is even worse. My favorite last year was someone got hit by a tracks train. To bad he didnt have a lid on.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 AM
MNROD
Road Captain

Wow, can't believe they'd blame getting side swiped on the fact of not wearing a helmet......what a bunch of idiots.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer

Wow i drove passed that wreck right after it happened. It looked pretty bad only one state trooper when we passed. I was heading back to texas from idaho on i 80 in wyoming. Now the whole family gives me a guilt trip for not wearing a helmut. Anyways my regards for the rider that went down and for his family. RIDE SAFE everyone.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:03 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member

Only one accident over that weekend is wonderful news, I tend to believe that since this was the only one they focused on it a bit more than they normally would.

I do agree though, Salt Lake local media do tend to say stupid things when it comes to helmets and motorcycle accidents.

Just to be fair, the media also states weather an individual was wearing a seat belt in an auto accident. I have a hard time understanding why they would claim the accident was the riders FAULT because of not wearing a helmet.