MotorDog69 Unique Custom timing covers and challenge coins

Challenge Coin Timing Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 142 Posts
Thumbs up Challenge Coin Timing Cover

I recently ordered and received an MPC Timing cover with a "Do Not Tread On Me" coin mounted inside. I ordered the product from MotorDog69's website advertised on HDForums. I recieved the part 3 days after I ordered it. The part did not come with mounting instructions for the coin, but MotorDog69 called and emailed me immediately after I sent them an email, with the instructions. Overall, I would recommend this vendor due to their superb customer service.

This is what it looks like installed:

Attached Thumbnails Challenge Coin Timing Cover-img_0318.jpg   Challenge Coin Timing Cover-img_0317.jpg  

Last edited by Bubba49; 02-12-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Insert Thumbnails
Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
MotorDog69
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Service is #1

We at Motordog69, offer a 100% satisfaction guarentee with all our products, yep...we forgot to ship the instructions to one of our first customers on the HDforums, I gusess were just human, but we would like to thank all our our customers for their feedback, because without that
we wouldnt know what people like or dislike..we have a unique product and were a new company looking to serve our customers with the highest service we can deliver..
come and check us out at www.motordog69.com and if you have and questions please drop us a line at info@motordog69.com

thanks guys..

john

Old 02-10-2010, 05:27 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am glad that customer service is not forgotten these days. I am going to have to look into one of these covers. They look awesome

Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Thatzmister2u
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bubba49
I recently ordered and received an MPC Timing cover with a "Do Not Tread On Me" coin mounted inside. I ordered the product from MotorDog69's website advertised on HDForums. I recieved the part 3 days after I ordered it. The part did not come with mounting instructions for the coin, but MotorDog69 called and emailed me immediately after I sent them an email, with the instructions. Overall, I would recommend this vendor due to their superb customer service.

Bubba then you should change the post icon from a thumbs down to a thumbs up!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Bubba49
Road Master

Inadvertently put it there. now I can't get rid of it.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
det199
Advanced

I'd like to give thumbs up to MotorDog69 too. Ordered a cover as a retirement gift and because I ordered late I was worried that it wouldn't show up on time. I shouldn't have worried,very prompt shipping and a very nice product. I'll be ordering again and this time for my own bike!

Mark

Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 AM
RKCJAX
Intermediate

How well do the Bronze coins hold up to weather elements?

Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior
Question

So I must be a little slow, a few of the inserts look great but I am not sure how it works. The coin can be removed pretty easily and you can change them in and out with your mood? How hard is it to install then swap out the coins?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Bubba49
Road Master

Originally Posted by DLW_FLHTC
So I must be a little slow, a few of the inserts look great but I am not sure how it works. The coin can be removed pretty easily and you can change them in and out with your mood? How hard is it to install then swap out the coins?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

DLW,

Installing the coin is a piece of cake. Put two dime size pieces of High Temp RTV at the 12:00 and 6:00 positions and press the coin into it. Then let it cure for 24 hours (4 hours according to Motordog69, but the RTV package says 24) and install on bike. Taking the coin out is nothing more than taking the cover off and inserting a small screwdriver between the coin and the cover (through the hole in the rear) and prying it off. Then use a non-sharp blade (I used a plastic spackling knife) to scrap off the RTV residue. Takes about 10 minutes.

Bubba

Old 02-22-2010, 09:07 PM
MotorDog69
Former Sponsor
Default easily mount and removing challenge coins

thanks bubba,

you got it correct it's that easy..

you can mount and remove challenge coins easily, and give your bike a new look

as many times as you like..

john

Quick Reply: Challenge Coin Timing Cover